Stealthpedal and ipad

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Stealthpedal and ipad

Postby jjd2 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:40 pm

I'm new to all this and needing a little help. What I'm wondering is if I can use the Stealthpedal with Amplitube for iPad. I tried plugging the pedal into the ipad using the usb with an Apple camera connector. The lights lit up, but that seemed to be all. Am I doing something wrong, overlooking something, or will this setup just not work?
Thanks for any help.
JJ
jjd2

Re: Stealthpedal and iPad

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Unfortunately StealthPedal requires more power than can be provided, so it has not worked in our tests. You can use StealthPlug with great success though.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ronmac » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:55 pm

The RME BabyFace has just become class compliant and they have a workaround to the power problem by using a special dual USB cable and a camera kit. Perhaps this would work?

Here is a video showing the connection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viLLT7Thc1Q
ronmac

Postby rafael5 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:16 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Unfortunately StealthPedal requires more power than can be provided, so it has not worked in our tests. You can use StealthPlug with great success though.

That just doesn't make sense. They are different products and couldn't an external power source juice the stealthpedal to be able to work on iOS devices?
rafael5

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:11 pm

rafael5 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Unfortunately StealthPedal requires more power than can be provided, so it has not worked in our tests. You can use StealthPlug with great success though.

That just doesn't make sense. They are different products and couldn't an external power source juice the stealthpedal to be able to work on iOS devices?

I was merely giving an alternate option that works. StealthPedal was created for computers and before iOS devices so it was not designed to work with them. It uses bus power so it would not use an external power source thus that will not work as a workaround.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ulrich.schaeffer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:09 am

Hi,
using apples wide usb 3 camera adapter together with the powersupply plugged in it works on my Ipad 2018.

When switching to another app sometimes the the stealthpedals audio needs refreshing by sticking the audiocable in and out the Ipads headphone socket.
Regards, Ulrich
ulrich.schaeffer

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories