Backing up Sampletank presets and restoring presets

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Backing up Sampletank presets and restoring presets

Postby michaeljromeo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:00 am

Hi guys, i am currently using SampleTank for iPad for live and recording.
Last night ST stopped working, it would crash whenever it opened.i tried a few different things, but in the end the only way i could get ST working on my iPad2 was to delete it and reinstall it. Its working again
BUT
I have a lot of preset banks saved, in fact hours and hours of work have gone into setting up sounds and midi configurations. As I had to uninstall ST they are now all gone, and i have to rebuild my preset banks.

So what i wanted to recommend for future updates is the ability to backup user preset data to the ikmultimedia account, or iCloud (like Korg has just implemented with their apps) or Dropbox. Can you please look into this for future updates? I know app crashing is normal, but it would be great to be able to restore user presets.

I love this app and depend on it.
michaeljromeo

Re: Backing up Sampletank presets and restoring presets

Postby Obitheincredible » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:21 pm

I'm sorry you lost your presets, this is a very useful feature request, thanks for the suggestion.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby whataparadox » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:58 am

Need to agree with michaeljromeo - I too, have been using ST3 on my iPad for live performance, and the preset banks are great for quick switches within a song - but there really needs to be a way to save all of the work that goes into a preset. Backup ability would be a great feature !!! Make restoring or duplicating my setup (in my case, I carry a spare iPad to the job) so much easier.

Also, the ability to move custom sounds I create from my Mac ST3 to my iPad ST3 would be nice.

And if don't mind one more suggestion - the ability to GLOBALLY turn off loops would be fantastic! It's a pain to turn off the loop within a each preset, and embarrassing if you find out during a song...
whataparadox

Postby grantp811 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:08 pm

I just want to second the comments about being able to export/save presets.

For me, having a backup iDevice is essential for live performance. I use an iPad for primary, but want to push the same presets to my iPhone as a backup just in case. Right now it is very difficult to recreate everything on another device. I forget to charge my iPad one night and no music the next day (unless I spend hours duplicating everything).

Additionally, turning off the loops globally would be a huge time saver. This is really scary during performances.
grantp811

Postby adcmtc » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:00 pm

I want to second (or is it third) the request. It is really crucial to be able to backup and share patches between devices.

At present it is just too dangerous to invest hours and hours of time in creating patches that could all be lost in an instant.
adcmtc

Postby d.bussa » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:28 pm

It is a very good app.

But must be safe backup and restore the preset!

Please use iCloud, Dropbox or what you want but give us this feature!

Thx,
Daniele
d.bussa

Postby easy » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:56 pm

grantp811 wrote:I just want to second the comments about being able to export/save presets.

For me, having a backup iDevice is essential for live performance. I use an iPad for primary, but want to push the same presets to my iPhone as a backup just in case. Right now it is very difficult to recreate everything on another device. I forget to charge my iPad one night and no music the next day (unless I spend hours duplicating everything).

Additionally, turning off the loops globally would be a huge time saver. This is really scary during performances.

Looked for an answer for days in the www. Finally found your question (concern) in this forum.
I can't believe there is no back up option implemented :o
It is MORE THAN ESSENTIAL to be able to BACK UP PRESETS outside the IPHONE itself !!!!!
Wanna IMPORT the exact presets on other iOS devises and would also like to sleep better, not worrying about losing all my self made presets for which I spent days and weeks making them. JamUp provides an internal Dropbox connection to do exactly that. (importing and exporting)

Hello IK, anybody there ??
easy

Postby SkiMatic » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:03 pm

I wanted to post a "me too" for the backup/restore of presets.

Also, I really would like this as well:

"And if don't mind one more suggestion - the ability to GLOBALLY turn off loops would be fantastic! It's a pain to turn off the loop within a each preset, and embarrassing if you find out during a song..."
SkiMatic

Postby sampowell » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:43 pm

I'm a live guy as well...

the ability to GLOBALLY turn off loops would be fantastic! It's a pain to turn off the loop within a each preset, and embarrassing if you find out during a song..."

Great Idea!!....
also custom settings in pull down menu in ST2 is so small on the iphone it sucks. I miss the full page block menu. Or at least make the pull down menu larger/taller/wider for touch ease. I may have to resort to buying another ipad dedicated for keyboard.
sampowell

Postby tunedude10 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:01 am

Bump. Still waiting. Does anyone have any backup solutions? Is IK even responding/working on this? Perhaps it is time to ratchet up the pressure a notch. I suggest a number of us submit support tickets for the same subject. This is a SERIOUS issue.
tunedude10

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 25, 2017 1:52 pm

tunedude10 wrote:Bump. Still waiting. Does anyone have any backup solutions? Is IK even responding/working on this? Perhaps it is time to ratchet up the pressure a notch. I suggest a number of us submit support tickets for the same subject. This is a SERIOUS issue.

Any issue you have with an IK app or software should be reported to IK Support so they can assist you directly. Please do so at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/ios-apps/ and they will happily help resolve your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Rich7272 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:47 pm

Is this still an issue? I'm looking for a solution for live gigs and if I can't sync everything to a backup ipad I would not consider it worthy of live use. This thread hasn't been updated in a few years, so maybe it has backup/sync features now. I'll install it tonight and check it out.
Rich7272

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:14 pm

Backing up and restoring presets for multiple IK iOS apps is covered in this FAQ: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1370

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster (and it is VERY old) it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories