presets exchange for amplitube ios

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

presets exchange for amplitube ios

Postby keef67 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:01 am

Hi all! I'd love to see a place where to be able to exchange presets made with amplitube ios, therefore using iphones, ipads just as it is possible to do with amplitube for pc...
I've made a few rolling stones presets that i would love to exchange...
keef67

Re: presets exchange for amplitube ios

Postby brianbane » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:02 am

This is an idea that we like too. 8-)
brianbane
1K Club

Postby keef67 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:04 am

Well you are the ones that can make it happen! :)
Besides, what about implement presets exchange right in the app as in jamapp...
It would be great to have the possibility to upload and download presets while using the iphone... Or is it too difficul to achieve for you?
Ciao!
keef67

Postby sonicmyst » Wed May 29, 2013 2:41 am

Has anyone done this? If not, I will.
sonicmyst

Postby keef67 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:38 am

Well i for one would be very gratefull. This is sonething really missing in amplitube ios. Keep me informed
keef67

Postby alagor2 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:48 am

Hey, I am new in Ampletube ios, so i will like to know how can i fine tones. For example, Metallica, Steve Vai, Satriani, and others. Please if your had any configuration for any guitar player please let me know. Thanks
alagor2

Postby keef67 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:15 pm

The missing thing with amplitube ios is that it does not implement a system which allows users to exchange presets just like in jamup or other guitar effect apps. I consider amplitube the best app of this kind, I have tons of presets already done, mostly 70's rock like rolling stones, blues etc, but i can't exchange them with other users. it's really a pity, besides i didn't get any reply from ik on this subject, maybe i the future....
keef67

Postby sepheritoh » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:07 pm

I want to chirp in here and also ask IK please very please to implement a preset exchange feature. I am sure that either through the app store, or through the itunes file transfer, something can be implemented.
sepheritoh

Postby keef67 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:15 am

Hooefully somebody in this forum would answer our post e eventually. I hope so...
keef67

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:53 pm

What posts remain unanswered? We've noted the request as you can see above, features are added based on many factors and considerations and this one is not yet implemented as you can see. I have no news nor but I do hope that users can answer questions like asked above ("how do I get the sound of...") as this is a great aspect of the 55,000+ user community :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby keef67 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:27 am

Well the reason we may seem to bother you is just becouse we love this app. We bought
everything you made and we are just willing to see improvements in it.
Nevermind though, we can live with what we have and if we must wait we will wait no problem with that.
I will refrain from further comments , maybe this way you'll have plenty time to make the improvements we asked for...
All the best. ;)
keef67

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:49 am

I think you misinterpreted my response. Never did I say there would be no changes, I simply said I had no news and that I didn't see specific questions that needed a response. I know we'll have a great evolution of the product line and when there's news about it we will most definitely share it here. This is a great place to voice your feature requests, just note that if someone doesn't specifically respond directly (though Brian did) it doesn't mean it isn't being read/seen. I hope that helps clarify.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby keef67 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:08 am

No harm intended, I was just trying to say that since your first reply i hadn't got any news on the subject and I was just trying to hear even a short reply saying that there was still to wait.
My first post dates from september '2012 and I was curious to know. In Italy we say domandare è lecito rispondere è cortesia... Even if sometimes the answer is obvious.
In any case as stated before no harm intended, i like your work, and i'm proud yours to be an Italian firm.
Thanks for your time.
keef67

Postby christian.csapo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:23 am

Hello,
i got the problem to use 2 ipads. is there any chance to exchange the presets between them? (both are equiped the same waybut i need one as a backup)
(could be also a way using a pc inbetween for the exchange)
Thanks a lot for any response
Best regards
Chris
christian.csapo

Postby Daniel_IK » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi Christian, welcome to the forums!

Yes, there is a way to do this and you will need your PC as an in-between for both iPads.

- Connect your first iPad to your computer with the most recent version of iTunes.

- Click on the iPad icon listed at the top of the screen. This will open a page with information about your iOS device.

- Click on "Apps" from the top part of this screen. Scroll down until you see the section for File Sharing.

- You will see a column labeled "Apps" on the left side of the screen, and a column labeled "Documents" on the right side of the screen.

- Click on "AmpliTube" from the Apps column. You will now see documents appear under the "Documents" column.

- Here, you will find the presets ".XML" file. Tap on "Save As" to save your presets to the desktop or anywhere on your computer.

- On your new device, repeat the previous steps up to the Documents column. (Make sure AmpliTube is not yet open)

- Click "Add to" to add the .xml file to your documents folder.

Once you open AmpliTube, you will see your presets. Enjoy!
Daniel_IK
IK Moderator

Next

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories