Practising with IK multimedia tonex

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Practising with IK multimedia tonex

Postby joboosterhuis » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:19 pm

Hello,
I don't have the tonex pedal yet but I am searching whether it is a solution for my wish.

For my work I spend a lot of time in hotels. I would like to practise with my lapsteel and monitor them on my headphones while practising. The output to the headphones should be:
- The lapsteel sound, modified with effects by the pedal / iPhone.
- The sound of a song (YouTube / iTunes / other) to play along with.
- The volume of both sounds to be adjusted, including the stereo output to the headphones (for example the lapsteel more on left and the song more on the right).

In short using the audio-interface and the modelling interface at the same time.

Is that possible with the Tonex pedal (and some software)?
I will be traveling light, with only an iPhone, lapsteel and headphones.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Job
joboosterhuis

Re: Practising with IK multimedia tonex

Postby AngelKeefe » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:52 pm

joboosterhuis wrote:Hello,
I don't have the tonex pedal yet but I am searching whether it is a solution for my wish.

For my work I spend a lot of time in hotels. I would like to practise with my lapsteel and monitor them on my headphones while practising. The output to the headphones should be:
- The lapsteel sound, modified with effects by the pedal / iPhone.
- The sound of a song (YouTube / iTunes / other) to play along with.
- The volume of both sounds to be adjusted, including the stereo output to the headphones (for example the lapsteel more on left and the song more on the rightgetting over it).

In short using the audio-interface and the modelling interface at the same time.

Is that possible with the Tonex pedal (and some software)?
I will be traveling light, with only an iPhone, lapsteel and headphones.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Job

To adjust the stereo output to the headphones, you can use the Tonex pedal’s built-in EQ, compressor, and 5 stereo reverbs to shape your tone and create a custom sound that is tailored to your preferences.
AngelKeefe

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories