Can I use my iPhone 7 with my Tonex Pedal?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Can I use my iPhone 7 with my Tonex Pedal?

Postby Jerrydpi » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:32 pm

Hi to all!

I just purchased a Tonex Pedal, but I just found out I can't access its Modeler with my Mid 2012 i7 because its running Catalina (10.15.7), but I am trying to find out if I can update it to Big Sur.

Regardless, I do have an iPhone 7 running iOS 15.8, so is it possible to use it should my MBP be unable to update?

If so, what/how do I do so, and as a quicker question, will it communicate with the Tonex Pedal by Bluetooth, or will an adapter/kit be needed?

Thanks,
Jerry
Jerrydpi

Re: Can I use my iPhone 7 with my Tonex Pedal?

Postby EzraThiel » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:43 pm

Jerrydpi wrote:Hi to all!

I just purchased a Tonex Pedal, but I just found out I can't access its Modeler with my Mid 2012 i7 because its running Catalina (10.15.7), but I am trying to find out if I can update it to Big Sur.

Regardless, I do have an iPhone 7 running iOS 15.8, so is it possible to use it should my MBP be unable to update?

If so, what/how do I do so, and as a quicker question, will it communicate with the Tonex Pedal by Bluetooth, or will an adapter/kit be needed?

Thanks,
Jerry

Regarding your first question, you can check if your Mac is compatible with macOS Big Sur by visiting the Apple website. If your Mac is compatible, you can update it to macOS Big Sur by following the instructions on the Apple website.

Regarding your second question, you can use your iPhone 7 running iOS 15.8 to access the Tonex Pedal Modeler. According to the IK Multimedia website, the Tonex Pedal Modeler is available as a standalone iPhone and iPad app. You can download the app from the App Store on your iPhone 7.

As for your third question, the Tonex Pedal Modeler app communicates with the Tonex Pedal via Bluetooth. Therefore, you do not need an adapter or kit to use the app with the Tonex Pedal.
EzraThiel

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories