Latency issues with MacBook speakers and AirPods Pro

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Latency issues with MacBook speakers and AirPods Pro

Postby PatBannon » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:14 am

Is there anything that can be done about latency when using either my MacBook speakers or me AirPods as the output source? I'm reckoning it's close to 500ms delay, ie, unusable.

Hopefully this is an easy fix???!!
PatBannon

Re: Latency issues with MacBook speakers and AirPods Pro

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:42 pm

What IK product is giving you trouble?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby PatBannon » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:49 pm

I'm using the AXA I/O ONE as the input, but selecting either AirPods or MacBook speakers for the output ( this is in AmpliTube) and subsequently suffering the above latency issues...
PatBannon

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:27 pm

What is your buffer size set to? Please test with MacBook Speakers as AirPods Pro will have additional latency due to the wireless connection.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby PatBannon » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:56 pm

Ive currently got the latency set t 16 and thats giving me the least latency on the bankbook speakers - so is it not possible to use wireless earbuds without latency issues..?
PatBannon

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:55 pm

PatBannon wrote:Ive currently got the latency set t 16 and thats giving me the least latency on the bankbook speakers - so is it not possible to use wireless earbuds without latency issues..?

Wireless headphones introduce their own latency, so they will typically cause latency issues.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories