iRig2 HD - Music and Amplitube levels

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig2 HD - Music and Amplitube levels

Postby robert.brault » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:51 pm

I am using Anytune Pro+ to listen/learn songs. I am unable to adjust the level of the music and my guitar level is at it's max and just barely gets above the music. Am I missing a setting in my iRig2 HD to adjust the volume mix between the 2 sources?
robert.brault

Re: iRig2 HD - Music and Amplitube levels

Postby tim.ryland » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:08 pm

Hi,

I use pretty much the same setup as you. My backing tracks are on Anytune Pro. My guitar is through a iRig HD2 into iPad Pro with Amplitube.

What I have noticed is that once you plug the iRig HD2 into your iPad, the iPad’s volume seems to be preset at around 50%. The volume slider in Anytune and the iPad’s Volume slider and physical buttons have no effect at all.

My workflow to deal with this is to make sure all my Backing Tracks are normalized to 0db using Audioshare. I then play the backing tracks only and adjust the ‘phones’ control on the iRig HD2 to get a decent volume across most tracks. If any tracks are too loud/quiet I adjust the gain in Anytune to get to what I want.

I then adjust the ‘gain’ control on the iRig HD2 and the amps volume/gain controls in Amplitube to get the required guitar volume.

Hope this helps, get in touch if there’s anything else you want to know.
tim.ryland

Re: iRig2 HD - Music and Amplitube levels

Postby robert.brault » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:44 pm

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the response. Yea, the behavior of my iPad, AnyTune and iRig2 is exactly as you describe. I kind fell upon your workaround and it's somewhat acceptable now. I need to use this mostly for working out songs when I'm on the road.
Thanks again,
Bob
robert.brault

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories