TONEX crashes on Logic Pro iPadOS

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

TONEX crashes on Logic Pro iPadOS

Postby reesecameron10 » Sun May 28, 2023 6:03 pm

TONEX crashes every time I record enable, or more specifically, I enable “software monitoring “ in Logic Pro. I therefore cannot use TONEX in Logic Pro at all. Running on an iPad Pro 12.9” M1 chip
reesecameron10

Re: TONEX crashes on Logic Pro iPadOS

Postby u.zukowski » Mon May 29, 2023 3:57 pm

Hammond B-3X App also cannot be loaded in Logic Pro for iPad. :(
u.zukowski

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 30, 2023 5:24 pm

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ctse610 » Wed May 31, 2023 4:40 am

I have also come across this issue and have tested it on several iPads. The issue was caused by mono input. If you change to stereo input, it works perfectly. It's weird.
ctse610

Postby tmsky69 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:09 pm

ctse610 wrote:I have also come across this issue and have tested it on several iPads. The issue was caused by mono input. If you change to stereo input, it works perfectly. It's weird.
Great information, Thanks for sharing. I was was having issues as well. I loaded a Garage band project w/ Tonex into Logic and it was working. Created new project with Tonex and not working. Good to know the input setting is the issue. I can't figure out how to record more than one audio input at a time. I'm wondering if the input issue on that has something to do with this.
tmsky69

Postby StevenPurcell68 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:26 pm

How did you get TONEX to show up in Logic for iPad plug in? It doesn’t show in mine
StevenPurcell68

Postby timball72 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:29 pm

TONEX shows up for me in Logic for iPad, but crashes as soon as I record enable the track.

It seems from the Audiobus form that this is a widespread problem. I was hoping that this would be resolved in the latest update, but unfortunately not (at least for me).

Is anyone able to record a track with TONEX in Logic for iPad, with a mono input with software monitoring enabled?
timball72

Postby margarettahie » Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:59 am

I'm glad you figured out the problem is with the input. I haven't been able to figure out how to capture many audio sources simultaneously.
margarettahie

Postby schmotown » Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:01 pm

I’ve experienced the same crashiness in Logic and I can confirm that changing the input to stereo does seems to resolve it. Still, I feel like this should be considered a bug to be treated with an update.
schmotown

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:30 pm

I'm sure any global bug would get fixed. Question is, has anybody reported this to IK Support? I suggested contacting them above but see no mention of anybody reporting an issue to them in the rest of the thread.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby schmotown » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:27 pm

I just submitted a bug report, referencing this thread, to IK support.
schmotown

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:24 pm

schmotown wrote:I just submitted a bug report, referencing this thread, to IK support.

Thank you. I'm sure it will be helpful and they can relay any pertinent information to you about the status of any fixes, if there were other reports, etc as is part of their function. Much obliged.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby schmotown » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:17 pm

Jason in tech support got right back to me: “Thanks, this is a known issue that is being address already.”
schmotown

Postby chris000sg » Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:51 pm

Hi,

Any news on this update my ToneX does the same in Logic?

Chris
chris000sg

Postby saul_tooley » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:37 am

Here is what I did to workaround it crashing when on a mono Logic Pro for iOS track and record is enabled, and not being able to hear any audio from the input when it was active on a stereo track (this is due to my Scarlett having 2 inputs and the line level input is input 2 and it really is only picking up input 1). 1) create a mono audio track don’t set an input or an out output. 2) create a mono Aux bus with your interface as the input. 3) create a second aux bus but make it stereo and add Tonex to it as a plug-in. Its input should be that of Aux 1 its output should be set after you create Aux/Bus 3 of which you will make the input for audio track 1 and the output of Aux 2.
saul_tooley

Next

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories