music running fast out of sync recording

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

music running fast out of sync recording

Postby Wilk19710 » Sun May 14, 2023 10:48 am

hi all,im getting a problem recording with my iphone14 and the irig quattro. when i record my td50 drums into the quattro using the iphone 14 everything is perfect until i unplug my phone from my quattro to watch back on my phone its self. when i play the video on my phone alone the drums or music is faster than normal and the whole video is way out of sync there is also some popping and crackling in the sound. i tried sending the file to my pc and when downloaded and played everything was fine again. so does anyone know why it wont play properly without being attached to the irig quattro and why is the music/drums playing faster when trying to play on the phone alone? many thanks for any help im new to all this!
Wilk19710

Re: music running fast out of sync recording

Postby Jemis211 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:27 am

A higher S/N will definitely result in a microphone signal that sounds as if it had less noise. Because:
The signal will require less gain (noise layer will not be enhanced much).
The expected sound in the signal will be perceived as much louder than the noise.
Placing the microphone near the sound source increases the amount of that sound (we'll call it the signal) compared to the amount of noise in the microphone output. This can be explained with the inverse square law.
This tells us that if we halve the distance between the microphone and the sound source, our “signal” (which is the expected sound source) will be 6 dB bigger!
Jemis211

Re: music running fast out of sync recording

Postby Wilk19710 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:25 am

All I’ve heard vis that they are aware of the problem and are working on an update but don’t know how long it will be
Wilk19710

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories