Enabling milti-timbral music

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Enabling milti-timbral music

Postby MichaelJOConnell007 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:30 am

For SampleTank 2 for iOS I have set up my MIDI controller to reference and control the parameters of each Part, e.g. Volume using its own channel (1 through 8) in a User Multi. I play a guitar connected to my iPad using an audio interface and Midi Guitar 2. I want to play one or more parts at the same time, muting and unmuting them using my MIDI controller. I am able to play one part at a time with this setup but not all at the same time. To do that the documentation seems to say I have to put all parts on the same MIDI channel but that complicates my MIDI setup. Is there a way to have each part on its own MIDI channel AND play more than one at the same time?
MichaelJOConnell007

Re: Enabling milti-timbral music

Postby johnwood » Fri May 05, 2023 5:01 pm

use a MIDI polyphonic controller that allows you to control multiple channels simultaneously. Alternatively, you could try using a MIDI routing app like AUM to route your MIDI data to different channels in SampleTank 2.
johnwood

Re: Enabling milti-timbral music

Postby MichaelJOConnell007 » Fri May 05, 2023 6:18 pm

Thanks. I am using a controller that can change multiple channels simultaneously. It's the input from my guitar that's the problem. Midi Guitar 2 only routes they made a signal to channel 1. I will look into your suggestion about using AUM. Thanks for posting it!
MichaelJOConnell007

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories