How to fix iRig audio issue?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

How to fix iRig audio issue?

Postby XingxoY362 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:23 am

I use iRig Stream to stream live sets on Facebook from my iPhone 8 through a Lightning connection. Although I've experienced a strange audio skipping issue, which I'll address in another post, it has generally worked well.

Recently, I attempted to use Streamyard with iRig to broadcast my live sets. Streamyard is a tool that enables you to have multiple people in the same broadcast and stream it to a destination like Facebook Live. However, Streamyard does not have an iPhone app and relies on the built-in Safari browser.

When I attempted to stream from Streamyard, it didn't seem to recognize the iRig audio. Instead, it tried to use the phone's internal microphone, leading to poor sound quality instead of the direct audio interface I acquired the iRig for.

Since there is no way to manually force a different input in iOS Safari (it is detected automatically or cannot be used), could you please explain why this isn't working?
XingxoY362

Re: How to fix iRig audio issue?

Postby Emmal21 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:12 am

Let's adjust Amplitube Settings
Click on the Menu button in Amplitube (three horizontal lines at the top right of the screen), then click on Settings. If the iRig is connected properly, the input will automatically be listed as “Input: Headset Jack.” If you see “Built-in Microphone” instead, make sure the iRig is connected properly. The following items may hinder the iRig from making a proper connection
Emmal21

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories