BlueBoard Expression Wah

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

BlueBoard Expression Wah

Postby iRedFive » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:18 pm

Can anyone show me how to assigne the expression pedal to control a wah or any other similar type of pedal. Amplitube sees the pedal and its calibrated, but when i turn on the wah via the blueboard, the expression pedal does nothing. i can see the values move but i cant figure out how to assign it to that pedal.
iRedFive

Re: BlueBoard Expression Wah

Postby DerauK12 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:15 am

To assign the expression pedal to control a wah, you'll need to first make sure that the wah effect is loaded into Amplitube and is set to be controlled by an expression pedal. Once you've done that, follow these steps:

In Amplitube, click on the Settings button (the gear icon) in the top right corner of the screen.

Click on the MIDI tab.

Under the "MIDI Mapping" section, click on the parameter you want to assign to the expression pedal (in this case, the wah effect).

Move the expression pedal on your Blueboard. You should see the value change in the "MIDI Learn" section of the MIDI tab.

Click on the "Learn" button next to the parameter you want to assign to the expression pedal. The parameter should now be mapped to the expression pedal.

Test the expression pedal by moving it and checking that the wah effect is being controlled as expected.

If you're still having trouble assigning the expression pedal to control the wah effect, double-check that the wah effect is set up to be controlled by an expression pedal and that the Blueboard is properly connected to your device. You may also want to check the Amplitube user manual or online forums for additional troubleshooting tips.
DerauK12

Re: BlueBoard Expression Wah

Postby iRedFive » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:23 pm

"and is set to be controlled by an expression pedal." how do I do this part?

ok I think i figured it out based on the settings for MIDI. the amplitube I am using is iOS so it was different than what you were suggesting, but kinda pointed me in the right direction.

so in amplitube, once the wah is assigned to the slot and blueboard sees it, the selection switch should be blue and be turned on and off by the blueboard.

then in the app, i touched and held the wah pedal on the app for about 3 seconds. then the prompt came up to assign the controller. then i moved the expression pedal and then the movable pedal section turned blue.

hopefully this helps someone in the future.
iRedFive

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories