Load Tonex Presets/Captures from Desktop to IOS

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Re: Load Tonex Presets/Captures from Desktop to IOS

Postby Frankencat63 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:16 pm

This is a flaw in the software IMO.
Frankencat63

Postby JohnnyLV101 » Wed May 03, 2023 7:11 am

It’s absolute silliness that you can’t do this. A huge flaw. Come on IK Multimedia. Get it together. There’s absolutely no reason why I shouldn’t be able to take third-party presets from my PC and bring them into my iPad without jumping through hoops.
JohnnyLV101

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 03, 2023 3:54 pm

You have the ability to get any TONEX Tone Models that are on ToneNET and those that are in the purchased version of TONEX you have registered on iOS. The request for the ability to import third-party Tone Models directly in iOS has been relayed to the team.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Frankencat63 » Wed May 03, 2023 8:55 pm

Thanks Peter. That is great but my concern is more about importing Presets than Tone Models. At any rate the products should support the workflow which for a lot of us is - develop a preset that I like on my Desktop, then import it to my iPad for live/mobile use.
-Frank
Frankencat63

Postby dannysomerville » Wed May 10, 2023 12:14 am

Frankencat63 wrote:Thanks Peter. That is great but my concern is more about importing Presets than Tone Models. At any rate the products should support the workflow which for a lot of us is - develop a preset that I like on my Desktop, then import it to my iPad for live/mobile use.
-Frank

Yes, I agree this is a bit crazy. I use it on my Mac/daw, iPad, and the pedal. I’ve purchased packs from Amalgam and I don’t see an ethical way for me to ever install them on iOS which was one of the main features I bought into the Tonex system for. As far as I can tell the only way for me to get them to my iPad is to upload all of his paid captures to ToneNet so I can access them on my iPad. I’m not going to do that, but the fact that’s the only process is kinda strange. Just let us access local files on the iPad the same as on Mac. It can’t be that difficult.
dannysomerville

Postby oandrew99 » Thu May 11, 2023 7:18 pm

Plus one on this feature - at the very least need to be able to import purchased tone models/presets into iOS apps
oandrew99

Postby Borajstwo22 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:11 am

Peter_IK wrote:You have the ability to get any TONEX Tone Models that are on ToneNET and those that are in the purchased version of TONEX you have registered on iOS. The request for the ability to import third-party Tone Models directly in iOS has been relayed to the team.

dannysomerville wrote:
Frankencat63 wrote:Thanks Peter. That is great but my concern is more about importing Presets than Tone Models. At any rate the products should support the workflow which for a lot of us is - develop a preset that I like on my Desktop, then import it to my iPad for live/mobile use.
-Frank

Yes, I agree this is a bit crazy. I use it on my Mac/daw, iPad, and the pedal. I’ve purchased packs from Amalgam and I don’t see an ethical way for me to ever install them on iOS which was one of the main features I bought into the Tonex system for. As far as I can tell the only way for me to get them to my iPad is to upload all of his paid captures to ToneNet so I can access them on my iPad. I’m not going to do that, but the fact that’s the only process is kinda strange. Just let us access local files on the iPad the same as on Mac. It can’t be that difficult.

Hopefully, IK will come up with the solution soon. Technically it should not be a problem to set up a cloud based platform when individual is able to store his/her settings and share between his/her equipment using same account. Am I right ?

Marceli
Borajstwo22

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:51 pm

We have that for Tone Models, it is ToneNET :)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dannysomerville » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:11 pm

Peter_IK wrote:We have that for Tone Models, it is ToneNET :)

You’re suggesting that I upload all of my paid Amalgam captures to ToneNet so I can get them to my iPad? Anyone could then download them for free and that would be a pretty big a**hole move to the 3rd party sellers, who are a big reason this platform is successful. There’s no reason I shouldn’t be able to add captures from my iPad local storage, the same as I can on a computer.
dannysomerville

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:35 pm

dannysomerville wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:We have that for Tone Models, it is ToneNET :)

You’re suggesting that I upload all of my paid Amalgam captures to ToneNet so I can get them to my iPad? Anyone could then download them for free and that would be a pretty big a**hole move to the 3rd party sellers, who are a big reason this platform is successful. There’s no reason I shouldn’t be able to add captures from my iPad local storage, the same as I can on a computer.

No, but ToneNET is the way to get Tone Models into ToneNET, you'd need to ask any third party how to import their products as we do not make those.

Edit - but the request for iOS direct import has been relayed before but I just bumped it again, for some reason I can't see the changelog for the next iOS version properly at the moment.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MauriceFiege78 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:35 pm

Any news on that?

Without the third party tone model feature Tonex on mobile devices is not much more than a gimmick for me since I relay on third party tone models a lot. I‘ll bet thousands of users have it this way.
The new partnership program is a nice add on but doesn’t close the gap, since I own a lot of third party tone models already and I am absolutely not willing to pay twice. Furthermore there are lots of tone models only available through the respective author’s websites.

Another suggestion: implement „private areas“ in ToneNet, which are only accessible for the respective user. The downside would be though that you‘ll (IK) probably will end up with thousands of duplicates in your storage. Of course there are possibilities to avoid that through reasonable database management. The downside for the users would be that they‘d need to upload and than again download every tonemodel one by one. A gruelling process :o

After all the simplest way would still be the implementation of the ability to put local files to the mobile device through the iOS/ipadOS data explorer or, if absolutely necessary, iTunes.

Please IK put attention to this asap. Only the ability to import local tone models would unlock Tonex‘s full potential for mobile devices.
Thanks in advance.
MauriceFiege78

Postby oandrew99 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:56 pm

Second this and agree 100% - we need a way to load both commercial and personal models to our own devices. It would be a breach of the terms of the license to put commercially purchased models on ToneNet, and after spending all the time and money to create a model (including buying a tonex capture box) our only path to getting our own models on our own mobile devices shouldn’t be to put them in the public domain.
oandrew99

Postby mariuslacatus » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:38 am

Is there any update on this?
mariuslacatus

Postby pittrapp » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:31 pm

https://youtu.be/tkUViZvLMYM?si=JRy5idOq83GptkQY

Some good news, even if it’s possible only through Tone Partners purchases.
pittrapp

Postby lukaslukaslukas » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:15 pm

@Peter_IK
Hi there, any news on this? I bought some presets from tonefactor and I'd love to import them to my IOS device. Is this still not possible?
Cheers
lukaslukaslukas

PreviousNext

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories