New to irigpro

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

New to irigpro

Postby Tolandis1 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:40 pm

I am new to using the irigpro. I cannot get a response from IK?
Does it need any kind of firmware or software update? If so how to do?
I am simply using this as a phantom power supply for two condenser microphones to record many antique jukeboxes, radios, and reproducing pianos for fellow enthusiasts to my android cell phone.
I see many downloads. Should they be down loaded to my cell phone, desktop, or both?
Which ones would be helpful in my situation, if any?
And any other input would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Todd
tolandis@yahoo.com
Tolandis1

Re: New to irigpro

Postby Wilnar12 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:12 pm

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue and get started with using it for recording:

Check the power source: Make sure that the iRig Pro is properly connected to a power source, either through a USB cable or with batteries.

Check the microphone connections: Make sure that your condenser microphones are properly connected to the iRig Pro, using the XLR input ports.

Check the input settings: Make sure that your input settings on your Android cell phone are set to use the iRig Pro. You may need to adjust the settings within your recording app to select the iRig Pro as the input device.

Check for firmware/software updates: It's always a good idea to make sure that your iRig Pro is running on the latest firmware or software. You can check for updates by visiting the IK Multimedia website and downloading the latest updates for your specific device.

Download relevant software: Depending on your specific recording needs, there may be software available that can enhance your recording experience. You can check the IK Multimedia website for any relevant software downloads.

Contact customer support: If you've tried all of the above steps and are still having issues with your iRig Pro, it may be time to contact IK Multimedia customer support for further assistance.

Overall, the iRig Pro is a versatile and powerful tool for recording audio on your Android cell phone, and with the right setup and adjustments, you should be able to capture high-quality recordings of antique jukeboxes, radios, and reproducing pianos for fellow enthusiasts to enjoy. Good luck!
Wilnar12

Re: New to irigpro

Postby Tolandis1 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:45 pm

Thank you so very much.
I have tried twice to contack IK support, all I get back are faq links to questions asked, non of which really address my needs.
Tried calling, but they no longer answer a phone call.
Here is where I am at for now.
Down loaded Open Camera.
Watched some android irig you tube videos and still have these issues.
When about half the time I connect the irig to my cell and turn on phantom power the led's blink.
When they are not blinking, I would start recording a video and then cannot get sound to record.
Contacted support and again they just send back some frequently asked questions, which does not address my issues.
If you should have any further input please let me know, or if you know of someone that has android and irig experience would appreciate the referral.
Thanks so very much.
Tolandis1

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories