Irig2/AmpliTube & Guitar not working as I would expect

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Irig2/AmpliTube & Guitar not working as I would expect

Postby pete50 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:51 pm

Hi

I have followed lots of guides and suggestions but none seem to cover the problem that I have.
I’m using Irig2, AmpliTube on an old iPad (as it has audio jack) and guitar and amplifier. No headphones (altho I can if I’m told this is essential).
Using AmpliTube, I can output songs (that I want to play along to, and record) to my amplifier and that seems OK
The Guitar works as expected thro the amplifier when in Thru mode (but obviously I can’t hear the songs).
When I switch to FX, I cannot hear the sound of the guitar thro the amplifier.
IF I go in thro Settings and push the Input:Microphone up to max, I can just about hear it thro the Amplifier, but it is badly distorted, and of course the song is distorted too.
Changing the volume on the guitar makes no difference.

How can I turn up the guitar so that I hear it through the amplifier and hear the song thro the amplifier at a sensible level?

Also, when I record, I only get the guitar and not the song. Am I able to get both so it sounds like I am part of the band (if my guitar playing merited it, which it doesn’t but hey ho)?
pete50

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories