iRig2 (not HD)

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig2 (not HD)

Postby clouthier_mike » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:51 pm

Hello,

I just bought the iRig 2 (not HD) and attempted to use it on both my iPhone 12 and a Samsung tablet.

I downloaded the applications from the store registered it and then connected the guitar jack to the guitar put the other end on the guitar input of the device. I then used my Apple lightning to mini jack input, and plugged the mini jack from iRig 2 into that.

My iPhone picked up the sensor and indicated I could change settings if I wanted later (Headphone or other lightning device) - I chose to leave it as is initially.

I then launched the app and I could see "input" being registered on the meters; however, when I put headphones in the jack (I tried two diff pair and types) it did not send any sound back.

I tried selecting different settings on the switch of the iRig 2 which made no difference.

I then went into the Apple settings to see if switching device type helped - nothing.

I even tried different 1/4" jacks for the guitar (which work on my standard Amp)

So then I took it over to the Android - repeated same and no luck.

I have looked online to see if I am plugging something in wrong and frankly I don't see anything out there that said specifically what plug goes where and now I am so confused I feel like returning this thing because it is either broken or it simply is no longer compatible with any Android or iPhone.

HELP PLEASE - signed desperately wanting to try this thing :D
clouthier_mike

Re: iRig2 (not HD)

Postby clouthier_mike » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:55 pm

Update - I got a replacement and it works. At least I know I wasn’t connecting cables wrong!
clouthier_mike

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories