how to connect power source with iRigs ?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

how to connect power source with iRigs ?

Postby fobLion69 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:51 am

I am surprised that I haven't been able to identify how folks cope with getting power and iRigs connected to iOS devices simultaneously with the iRig-lightning connection.
Is everybody only using the iRigs only as long as the iPad/iPhone has battery capacity and then need to unplug the iRig and wait for the iPad/iPhone to be recharged?

I would be superthankful for recommendations of adapters that allow simultaneous iRig-connection and power supply. I would imagine IK would have such y-adapters or any other way of simultaneous power supply!?!??!
The y-adapters with power- and phones connectors I baught dont seem to work with the iRigs. I suppose they only support the headphones audio out but lacking data connection or bidirectional connection or anything alike!?!?!

Tks for help!!
Best,
Frank
fobLion69

Re: how to connect power source with iRigs ?

Postby vac713 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:04 pm

IK Multimedia had a product called the iRig PowerBridge. I think this is exactly what you're looking for. They no longer produce this product but if you goole it, you will find that there are still some out there. Saw one on Guitar Center. Its an open box for less than $70. I have one and I highly recommend it
vac713

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories