Mixbox CS on iPad Pro M1 - ‘forgotten racks and presets’?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Mixbox CS on iPad Pro M1 - ‘forgotten racks and presets’?

Postby sleekitwan » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:55 am

This is another loss of custom/user presets?

After a recent update, once again Mixbox forgets I even own the premium pack or whatever, so I ‘restore purchases’ on the ipad. Seems to fix it but we’ll circle back!

I cannot find the old presets OR racks I made, so I go make a new preset, varying the delay ‘Delaggio 2’ to do it.

I decide I’ll make a new user folder, as the app allows.

NOW…

The folder seems inaccessible to all intents and purposes. It only shows up, if I go make another user folder - bit pointless. If the only time I can ‘see’ the user preset folder is when I create it, but I can never access it otherwise, this is a non-functioning part of the software.

Custom racks seem to have all gone as well - now I know there was some long-roundabout way to get this to work, but I thought the lesson on this erasing of user racks and presets, was learned now?

LASTLY

It’s hard work and ruins confidence in the product when this happens. Effects are such an integral part of a modern instrument sound or song, it’s effectively destroying a lot of work when this stuff disappears.

Other app makers go to some lengths to prevent these mishaps and keep people willing to rely on their products.

Can you please fix it asap? It’s damning your product to be third-rate and next to useless.

Also, I noticed while digging around, the app store AGAIN does not recognise I own the full premium pack or whatever, the entire Mixbox CS suite on my iPad Pro M1 12.9”.

Please fix it, I’d love to love this product, and the entire reason I moved to ipad and GarageBand was to get tech stuff out from blocking my music-making. This, is making me drive through a whole lot of obstacles again.

Do you want more money?! I’ll pay, just please make it work, and reliably without me constantly giving feedback.

SUGGESTION

Test the app before every release. As a user. Have someone over there, have an account and do all the stuff a user will have to do.

Then, fix all the problems you encounter.

Then, you can relax about that release.

This is tech support or product development 101. I am 59 years old and know this, heck I’d do it for a battery charger, let alone a complicated music effect app.

Take care, it’s not life or death, but it is important to your customers. This is damaging your brand in a measurable way.

Presumably, as soon as I make Mixbox CS ‘restore purchases’ again, it’ll lose the single new folder and preset I’ve made? On top of the older user racks I made. A lot of fine-tuning goes into these, remember, so it’s robbing me of creative time.

thank you.

ian richard margetts aka richard getts on itunes etc.
sleekitwan

Re: Mixbox CS on iPad Pro M1 - ‘forgotten racks and presets’

Postby sleekitwan » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:09 pm

PS to the above - I have now (5 mins later) placed a support request with a copy of the above forum post. Trying to avoid the dead-drop last-chance-saloon of an app store review. To have an issue like this, keep recurring, and for it even to get as far as a user being the first one to notice or bother, is pretty bad.

It’s not top-tier development work. I made one routine, ever, and I wouldn’t dream of letting this issue hit the user. And I was an absolute beginner at programming and development.

Take care all.

irm/rg
sleekitwan

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories