ToneX on iPad and Mac

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

ToneX on iPad and Mac

Postby JasonFunk » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:53 pm

Hi all,

Couldn't find a thread on this and couldn't quite be exactly clear on the website... I bought ToneX SE for Mac and I'll probably be getting the CS app for iPad. It says you can use all your settings on either one... Does that mean the iPad app is essentially free in that I already purchased it on Mac so I can just use that on the iPad no problem? I ask because Amplitube is a separate purchase on both systems and can't share in between. The website makes it sound like it's a one time purchase, but IK's history would say I need to pay for both. Any inside information on the workings of this? Thanks in advance.
JasonFunk

Re: ToneX on iPad and Mac

Postby epefeman » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:38 pm

This is a great question and the lack of any response makes me cautious to pull the trigger on either. Does anyone have the desktop version that can verify how it translates to a Ipad/Iphone?
epefeman

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:46 pm

epefeman wrote:This is a great question and the lack of any response makes me cautious to pull the trigger on either. Does anyone have the desktop version that can verify how it translates to a Ipad/Iphone?

This was originally posted months before the TONEX iOS app was released and unfortunately missed since the TONEX iOS app page on our site has stated since the beginning that you can use your Premium or User Tone Models on all platforms. The app is free. The following information has been on the IK site from the go:

Seamless integration – all your Premium Tone Models sync automatically on all your devices

Any user or paid Tone Model you download is yours to keep forever and use with TONEX for iPhone and iPad, TONEX Mac/PC and inside AmpliTube 5.

This free app lets you access your Premium Tone Model library anywhere with seamless sync, for a limitless supply of inspiration.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cccabell » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:46 pm

How do you get online purchases to show up in the TONEX app (iPad)? I purchased TONEX MAX online. I can access the tone models in Amplitube 5 on Mac, TONEX on Mac, and on www.tone.net. I cannot get them to activate in the iPad app though; they are blanked out. Everything is updated as of 30 minutes ago, everything is logged in to my account, confirmed by the green indicator light on the account buttons. I've closed and relaunched and synced everything multiple times.

One of the main reasons I made the purchase was to access the models in the iPad app.

Thanks for any help or direction you're able to provide.
cccabell

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:49 pm

cccabell wrote:How do you get online purchases to show up in the TONEX app (iPad)? I purchased TONEX MAX online. I can access the tone models in Amplitube 5 on Mac, TONEX on Mac, and on http://www.tone.net. I cannot get them to activate in the iPad app though; they are blanked out. Everything is updated as of 30 minutes ago, everything is logged in to my account, confirmed by the green indicator light on the account buttons. I've closed and relaunched and synced everything multiple times.

One of the main reasons I made the purchase was to access the models in the iPad app.

Thanks for any help or direction you're able to provide.

All you should need to do is register in the Account section of the iOS app. Since it appears you did that, you may want to reach out to IK Support. I would also do a Restore Purchases there if you have not done so, too, first.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cccabell » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:52 pm

I tried Restore Purchases several times; it didn't change anything.

Any tips for contacting support properly? There is no option to select TONEX for mobile apps, and the form requires a selection to be made.

Also, thank you for the prompt response.
cccabell

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:53 pm

cccabell wrote:I tried Restore Purchases several times; it didn't change anything.

Any tips for contacting support properly? There is no option to select TONEX for mobile apps, and the form requires a selection to be made.

You can choose either TONEX on the desktop software side or AmpliTube on the mobile side, they'll read your comments/notes more than anything.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cccabell » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:03 pm

Don't know why I didn't think of it before, but I deleted the app from my iPad and reinstalled it. That forced me to re-register the app. When I did that, all the models became accessible. Problem solved.
cccabell

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:08 pm

cccabell wrote:Don't know why I didn't think of it before, but I deleted the app from my iPad and reinstalled it. That forced me to re-register the app. When I did that, all the models became accessible. Problem solved.

Great to hear that you are up and running without waiting for support! Nice.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby heisler.alexander » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:50 pm

Hi! Can I switch presets in ToneX with my iRig Stomp I/O?
heisler.alexander

Postby IKmarco » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:36 am

I have purchased Tonex Full for Mac - can I use all the models that I have in that version, in the iOS app?
IKmarco

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:12 am

heisler.alexander wrote:Hi! Can I switch presets in ToneX with my iRig Stomp I/O?

The TONEX iOS app does not have MIDI control but you may be able to use features in an AUv3 capable iOS DAW.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:13 am

IKmarco wrote:I have purchased Tonex Full for Mac - can I use all the models that I have in that version, in the iOS app?

Yes, you need to log on to the app with your IK account in the TONEX iOS app. Tap the menu button near the top right, then choose Account and you'll be able to log in there and register the app.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby IKmarco » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:12 am

Thanks Peter
IKmarco

Postby heisler.alexander » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:22 am

Peter_IK wrote:
heisler.alexander wrote:Hi! Can I switch presets in ToneX with my iRig Stomp I/O?

The TONEX iOS app does not have MIDI control but you may be able to use features in an AUv3 capable iOS DAW.

Can I use it with Amplitube iOS or with Cubasis?
heisler.alexander

Next

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories