AmpliTube iPad Pro - No Sound From iPad or Bluetooth?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

AmpliTube iPad Pro - No Sound From iPad or Bluetooth?

Postby Therealspeez1 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:49 am

Just picked up a pro I/O and started getting it setup on my 2018 iPad pro (usb-c). Trying to use the setup as a compact practice amp in my apartment as I haven't really touched my guitar in ~15 years.

I was able to get sound coming out through the phone jack on the iRig itself, but if I remove the headphones I get no sound from the iPad or from Bluetooth headphones connected to the iPad?

I have been through all the steps in the IK FAQ but still no sound from the device - any thoughts? Ideally I was planning to have my Bluetooth over ear headphones as the main audio source but so far I cannot get any audio out via the iPad?
Therealspeez1

Re: AmpliTube iPad Pro - No Sound From iPad or Bluetooth?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:01 pm

Apple set up iOS so that when you plug in an audio interface, the audio output is routed only through that interface - not the speakers or Bluetooth, etc. We cover this topic in the following FAQ: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1284

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Therealspeez1 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:21 pm

Interesting, totally missed that part (knew I preferred Android). That definitely clears that up though, thanks.
Therealspeez1

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:16 pm

Yeah, we've expressed to them that it would be great to have the more powerful audio routing possibilities similar to what macOS offers though and I would love to see that as a natural progression. Seeing that the lines are getting more and more blurred between iOS and macOS, putting M1 processors in iPads, and the like, maybe there's a future for even more powerful audio routing overall.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories