Huge gap between striking a chord and it sounding

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Huge gap between striking a chord and it sounding

Postby jonesler » Tue May 24, 2022 12:31 am

I had this issue a few times when I first started using the iRig stomp I/O with my iPad but now it's happening more frequently. From what I can tell it's totally random , on occasion I suddenly get this huge delay in the audio signal, I mean like a full second. I know it's not the delay effect, there's no dry signal, it takes like a full second to process the audio. the last time it happened it also changed the name of my preset from Custom Pro to User 2.

Whatup?

I've placed this with Support already but there's some really smart people around here so I thought I'd throw it out there.
jonesler

Re: Huge gap between striking a chord and it sounding

Postby gfishler » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:22 pm

This happens to me occasionally too.

I just unplug the Ipad, and replug it in. Usually that is all I need to do.

Sometimes I have to do that a couple of times when I first set it up and turn it on, to get everything working correctly.

Full reset for me is, unplug Ipad, unplug Istomp, replug Istomp, replug Ipad. Usually does the trick.

Not doing in that order, sometimes makes the IPad restart completely.

Hope this helps!
To me, If a song touches one soul, with any individual part, or sum of its whole, then that song has achieved its true calling; There is nothing as pure.
Tiny Desk Contest Submission-
https://youtu.be/q5_IhQWuPHA
gfishler

Postby jonesler » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:10 pm

Yes I was doing a similar process. The problem is if your on stage in a packed room that’s not an option. So i’m now using a competitors foot modeler which doesn’t have those issues. AmpliTube sounds better but it’s too buggy with iRig Stomp for live use.
jonesler

Postby gfishler » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:16 pm

oh thats a very good point.

I have the Windows version of AmpliTube 5 on a gaming laptop, which I find to be much more stable, and what I was hoping to use for my live rig. Still wondering if hardware based is the only way to do live.

I love both versions, even if I only use my Ipad/iphone in my living room. I mean, who would ever think your cell phone could sound so good?
To me, If a song touches one soul, with any individual part, or sum of its whole, then that song has achieved its true calling; There is nothing as pure.
Tiny Desk Contest Submission-
https://youtu.be/q5_IhQWuPHA
gfishler

Postby jonesler » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:05 pm

I’ve been using AmpliTube on a Mac desktop since version 1 and inspite of all the nay sayers back then i’ve always been a big supporter. But with Version 5 it has truly arrived and everyone knows it.
jonesler

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories