iRig MIDI 2 problem - help?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig MIDI 2 problem - help?

Postby IanEric16 » Wed May 04, 2022 1:05 am

I'm a live-looper, using a Boss RC600 and a Morningstar MC8 as an outboard MIDI controller. I've got the two devices synced and working together correctly, including program changes, so when I switch to specific song (memory location) on the RC600, the MC8 changes to its corresponding bank, giving me the specific controls I've programmed for that song.

I'm trying to add the iRig to my setup, so when I choose a specific song in my lyric app, it performs this same program/bank change. And I've got that to work, however I lose MIDI communication between the MC8 and the RC600 looper...

I can't get this stuff to work all at the same time. I swear I've tried every wiring config and can't get the iPad to change the bank (which is ALL I want it to do) while keeping proper MIDI communication and control between the MC8 and RC600.

Can anyone help? I want everything to work like it did before, but just add my iPad as a secondary PC message source to change banks/memory locations.

Thanks!
IanEric16

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories