Requesting Clarity on IOS Level In/Out

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Requesting Clarity on IOS Level In/Out

Postby jbblack_99 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:23 pm

Hi All - I’m hoping that someone can please provide some clarifying comments. I have some questions about in/out level under settings. I’m running Amplitube on IPad (iOS = 13.1). I use iRig Pro Duo I/O or Line6 HX Stomp to get guitar signal into Amplitube. These questions all relate to my focus on using the Amplitube 8-track daw to record guitar tracks alongside backing tracks I load into the daw.

Question 1: when either iRig or HX is plugged into IPad, Input:Digital Audio is displayed & Level In is disabled. I see a signal under Level In, but can’t adjust the slider. Is this by design? Level In slider is adjustable when the input is “Built-in Microphone”. Level Out slider always seems to be working.

Question 2: Would appreciate some deep dive comments around interpretation of Level In and Level Out. Level In feels like a gauge of your incoming signal. You probably want this hot, but not too hot. Level Out is more confusing.... How should I interpret? Is this “volume” of the active track post fader-eq-etc? Is it the combined overall “volume” of all tracks? How does the green gauge next to fader in the daw, and the fader itself, connect to or depend on Level Out? Does the gauge/fader Level relate to Level In or Level Out?

I’ve looked everywhere and haven’t seen much on this topic. Thanks to anyone that can help.
JBB
jbblack_99

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories