Start drums in the middle of a song?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Start drums in the middle of a song?

Postby NSHIN1978 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:19 pm

Hi, Hoping its a stupid question but can i start drums part way through a track? I have a song where i dont want the drums to start until about 1 minute in but it seems in possible to add anywhere but right from the start of the track. Can anyone advise? This seems a fairly standard thing to want...
NSHIN1978

Re: Start drums in the middle of a song?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:06 pm

You would need to insert rests which are available in Loop Drummer.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby NSHIN1978 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:15 pm

Thanks Peter - Sorry dumb question, where do you see the rests? I can see all the fills and intro/outro but no rest...
NSHIN1978

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:22 pm

NSHIN1978 wrote:Thanks Peter - Sorry dumb question, where do you see the rests? I can see all the fills and intro/outro but no rest...

If you tap the arrows near the top you will find there is a whole set of rests, called Rests.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby NSHIN1978 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:25 pm

Awesome - thank you! Like a weight has been lifted!
NSHIN1978

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories