Which version of Amplitube iOS do I have?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Which version of Amplitube iOS do I have?

Postby IKmarco » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:56 pm

1) Hi - I wonder if anyone can help. On my iPad I have two versions of Amplitube with slightly different icons, see attached photo, and I can’t find information on differences or which to keep. I have gone through settings and found the version number, which is the same for both - 4.12.1 (21|23), but there must be some differences, which I cannot find

2) In ‘My products’ list I have 2 instances of the iOS Amplitube App and one of Amlitube CS, all with different serial numbers - I’m a tad confused

Thanks for any fog-clearing

M

IKmarco

Re: Which version of Amplitube iOS do I have?

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:57 pm

AmpliTube CS is the one with the red underline. Either/both can run all of your purchased gear, which this FAQ explains in more detail https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1109
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby IKmarco » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:02 pm

Thanks Peter

Can you tell me why they both exist if they do the same thing?

Thanks

Marco
IKmarco

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:58 pm

IKmarco1 wrote:Thanks Peter

Can you tell me why they both exist if they do the same thing?

Thanks

Marco

Like other apps, there is a free CS version. You cannot do trials on iOS via the App Store so a free version allows people to try an app with limitations to get an idea before they buy a paid app. They don't "do the same thing" as the paid version has much more gear included. But if you had already tried the free version or prefer to buy gear from within the free version, it will allow for that.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories