Volume Pedal AmpliTube iPad stomp io

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Volume Pedal AmpliTube iPad stomp io

Postby tristant07 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:03 pm

Is there any chance of a volume pedal coming out on AmpliTube for stomp I/o.

I’ve tried setting the expression pedal in the I/O to “amp volume” and “compressor volume” and “every volume under the sun” as suggested by other forums and it doesn’t sound anything like a good old fashioned volume pedal for reverb tails and delayed swells.

Also found that there’s no way to set where the max volume should be on the expression pedal. I don’t want the amp to go from 0-10 when I sweep up. I’d like it to go to 7 or maybe 8. Same for any other assignment. It only goes from 0-10.

Actually a bit of a bummer!

I’ve also found that when sending the on off pedal and wah pedal to the expression pedal it only engages after l 50%, and then turns off when you go below 50%. So the first 50% is completely unusable Anyone else have this issue?

Really frustrating because I’ve tried these workarounds and with all the added fx and amps I’ve bought through the app I’m still gonna have to go and spend $200 on a pedal that should be really easily solvable considering it has an expression pedal build into the pedal.
tristant07

Re: Volume Pedal AmpliTube iPad stomp io

Postby vincent_n2003 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:21 am

Hello,
You could try using the Brian May 30 eq, or the 7 band eq, with a flat response and assign the gain/level control to an expression pedal to adjust the volume. If it's in the postfx section, it works better, but it might be ok for you in the fx section as well. I agree a volume pedal is definitely needed in the iOS versions, but this might be a good work around.
Cheers.
vincent_n2003

Postby tristant07 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:14 am

Cheers, i’ll give that a try and let you know how it goes. Appreciate the info
tristant07

Postby vincent_n2003 » Sat May 01, 2021 5:10 am

Hello, the pre eq 3 might work better assigning the gain to the expression pedal. Definitely works better in the post fx section.
Cheers.
vincent_n2003

Postby tristant07 » Sat May 01, 2021 7:18 am

Do you know if there Is a way to set the expression pedal where “Max” on the expression pedal is only like mid point on the gain.

The issue I’m having is that when I assign the gain to the expression pedal, it goes from 0-10 so I have to hover it at like half way or else the gain literally just clips everything.
tristant07

Postby vincent_n2003 » Fri May 07, 2021 5:55 am

This is just a work around. A volume pedal would be easiest.

So set the gain on the pedal to max.
Adjust the volume in the 8-track console of the channel you are using to set the correct output level.
The expression pedal should be able to use the full range now.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.
vincent_n2003

Postby vincent_n2003 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:33 am

Hello.

So a volume pedal was added to amplitube iOS. Does anyone know if the volume pedal will have audio tapered and linear tapered options in the future? Also, the volume can only be added in the 4 stomp area. It would be great if it could be added to the fx area as well.

Cheers.
vincent_n2003

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories