iRig [PRE] 2 and a 3.5 mm minijack?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig [PRE] 2 and a 3.5 mm minijack?

Postby Sschaef3 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:46 pm

I want to use the iRig 2 as a preamp for a mic that has 3.5 mm minijack. I am using a Rode Mini-Jack Female to XLR Male Adapter, but no signal is coming in. Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks
Sschaef3

Re: iRig 2 and a 3.5 mm minijack?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:15 pm

iRig 2 is a mono input that accepts instrument or line level input. It is not a mic preamp.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Sschaef3 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:37 pm

I can connect a condenser mic that needs phantom power, and it works fine. Besides, if it's not a mic preamp, then why is there a picture of a mic where the XLR connector goes

Is there a difference between a iRig 2 and iRig Pre 2
Sschaef3

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:06 pm

iRig 2 would not work with a condenser mic that needs phantom power unless there was a mic preamp somewhere between the mic and iRig 2. iRig Pre 2 is a mic preamp. You would be able to use your condenser microphone with it.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories