What would you recommend for multi-tracking on an iPad?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

What would you recommend for multi-tracking on an iPad?

Postby jrees » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:45 pm

I suppose that's a broad subject with many possible answers so let me be more specific - I want to plug in a guitar and mic simultaneously using an iRig Pro Duo, so I can play and sing at the same time, giving each channel its own independent effects. Does IK Multimedia have a solution for that? I already own Amplitube and several other apps, just have no clue about the most stable and simple way to implement everything. All attempts so far have been very glitchy. Any input appreciated.

jrees

Re: What would you recommend for multi-tracking on an iPad?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:57 pm

You should be able to use each input on iRig Pro Duo in any DAW app on your device. The AmpliTube and VocaLive apps can be used via Inter-App Audio in DAW apps.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: What would you recommend for multi-tracking on an iPad?

Postby jrees » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:02 pm

Thanks for the response Peter...it's what I suspected but didn't really see a clear explanation anywhere. I have gotten meager results by using AmpliTube and VocaLive as inter-app plugins to a multitracker called n-Track which functions very similar to Cubase, Sonar, etc. I say meager results because it seems to take forever to get the 3 apps to shake hands with each other and be stable. I get I/O error messages and need to restart the audio engine or unplug devices a couple of times till it settles. I'm thinking n-Track might be too complicated for my simple needs - was hoping others would chime in with what DAW has been successful on an iPad.
jrees

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories