Clubhouse App + IRIG STREAM + iPhone 10 Compatibility

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Clubhouse App + IRIG STREAM + iPhone 10 Compatibility

Postby Sollykim » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:39 pm

Hello

I am having issues with streaming live DJ sets on the clubhouse app. I am using a Pioneer S9 DJ mixer, with the main outputs running into the “irig stream”. The “irig stream” is plugged into my iPhone 10 via Lightning cable. When I open a room in the clubhouse app, the sound quality is great. When I invite other members on to the stage in the clubhouse room, the “irig stream” disengages and does not allow the signal from my dj mixer into the iPhone. When this happens, the built in mic on my iPhone becomes hot and begins to pick up a lot of feed back and all of the back ground sound as a result. Once I remove my listeners and put them back into the audience, the “irig Stream” re-engages and allows the signal from my dj set up back into the phone. Please advise. Thank you
Sollykim

Re: Clubhouse App + IRIG STREAM + iPhone 10 Compatibility

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:40 pm

Our support team is aware of Clubhouse (and other social apps) having recent issues with digital audio interfaces (not just IK's) and are doing their best to help the developers of those apps where they can gain access to them. In the mean time, in our FAQ there is a workaround for Facebook Live that will likely work for Clubhouse too in the mean time: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1403
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jonconch » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:47 am

I second this issue, just purchased the iRig Stream with the intention of using it on Clubhouse and it does not work. The only known working IK device is the iRig 2 Guitar interface. Hopefully this will be solved soon so I dont have to return this because I do like it. :D
jonconch

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:21 pm

This is not an issue with iRig Stream, nor only IK interfaces. The Clubhouse app is not handling digital audio interfaces (interfaces that do not plug into a headphone jack) correctly in many cases. We have reached out to the developers of Clubhouse but they'll need to respond and resolve this issue. Our team is, however, willing and able to provide whatever assistance they need.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jonconch » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:11 pm

Excellent great to know its an issue on their end and not yours, thanks!
jonconch

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:29 pm

jonconch wrote:Excellent great to know its an issue on their end and not yours, thanks!

Well, we still don't feel it is "great" ;) but we'll do what we can to help you all get up and running!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby julhug » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:26 pm

Well, we still don't feel it is "great" ;) but we'll do what we can to help you all get up and running!

Hi Peter,
We are iOS developers shipping a new fitness app
Can you please guide us in integrating iRig Stream in our app?
Like the Clubhouse app, we need to handle digital audio interfaces :)

If you have any documentation, that'd be great.

Thanks a millions :D
Julien
julhug

Postby jonconch » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:23 pm

Wow a fitness app that uses an audio interface, would love to know what thats all about
jonconch

Postby Sollykim » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:26 pm

Peter_IK wrote:This is not an issue with iRig Stream, nor only IK interfaces. The Clubhouse app is not handling digital audio interfaces (interfaces that do not plug into a headphone jack) correctly in many cases. We have reached out to the developers of Clubhouse but they'll need to respond and resolve this issue. Our team is, however, willing and able to provide whatever assistance they need.

Has any progress been made in resolving this issue? I am pretty annoyed that the advertisements for the irig stream claim to work across all streaming platforms? I even did my due dilligence in researching this product before purchasing and did not see anyone mentioning any issues with this product until this forum post that I created. None of the “work arounds” work so now I have a glorified paper weight that’s been sitting on my desk for a month. I’m past the point where I can resturn this product, is there any way i can swap this product out with one of your analog interfaces? I’d rather take the loss in the price difference than to spend more money on the the irig2 and all of the random cords I will need to purchase. Or do you know of another interface that will work with Clubhouse?
Sollykim

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:31 pm

We have reached out to Clubhouse and are willing to help but I must point out again this is not an issue with IK hardware, nor is it unique an issue to IK hardware. Clubhouse must fix on their side.

I would recommend also reaching out the Clubhouse support/devs as they have not responded to us even though we've offered to help them (since we do know a thing or two about coding apps to properly handle digital audio interfaces of all kinds on iOS).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:32 pm

Also, the mods/admins (nor users) of this forum can assist with requests to swap/return/etc. You'd need to open a ticket with the IK team specifically if you'd like to make a request like that. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Thashells » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:31 pm

IRIG w/ IPHONE 2020 SE and Clubhouse. It actually worked beautifully for about an hour. However, once I left the room and tried to reconnect....dud. Please keep us up with any answers you find from the clubhouse team. Thank you. M
Thashells

Postby moovioole » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:47 pm

Purchased and received. I open a room on Clubhouse and it works perfectly. If someone goes up as a speaker it no longer works.
Only now I have found this post. : - ((Please solve the problem together with Clubhouse!
moovioole

Postby Theboogiecompany1 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:24 am

Hey IK Multimedia,

Thanks for the support, is there any way we can solve this issue? my irig2 HD is starting to collect dust :?
Theboogiecompany1

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:13 pm

The Clubhouse app does not support digital audio interfaces. This is not unique to our interfaces nor is it something we can resolve on the hardware side. However, we have reached out to them to see what is possible too help (since we know a thing or two about audio apps as well ;) ).

Please see this FAQ and I will request that it gets updated if there is any news on the Clubhouse4 side about supporting digital audio interfaces: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1404
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories