iRig HD with iPhone with NO Headphone jack? Is there a way?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig HD with iPhone with NO Headphone jack? Is there a way?

Postby kalintri » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:49 am

Hello.

I have an iRig HD and have been using it with an old iPhone 6 until recently, however, it is now time for me to get a new iPhone. At the same time, the iRig HD works perfectly fine and I have no need to buy the HD2 model at the moment, so I was wondering if anyone managed to find a way to use the iRig HD with iPhones with no Headphone jack?

I found an old discussion on this topic from back from the times of iPhone 7, but wanted to see if someone is actually using an iRig HD in 2021 successfully?

Do any of the lightning to Lightning+Headphone jack adapters(splitters) work?

Please let me know if you have tested it and can confirm any way of doing it.
As you can see by the fact I have been using an iPhone 6 until recently, I really do not like buying new stuff when the old ones work perfectly fine and the old iRig HD does work perfectly fine. :)

Thanks!
kalintri

Re: iRig HD with iPhone with NO Headphone jack? Is there a w

Postby ecaldwell0 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:28 am

Hi Kalintri:

I find myself in the same position since yesterday. I have an Irig Stomp which I used with an Iphone 6, and have now changed to an Iphone 8. I have written IK support on this. As soon as I get a reply, I´ll let you know the answer.
ecaldwell
ecaldwell0

Postby ecaldwell0 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:44 am

Hi again:

I just found the answer. The newer Iphones that don´t have the headphone jack, should come with a lighting to jack adapter. My phone is a second hand one, soI need to get an aftermarket one.

Best of luck
ecaldwell0

Postby kalintri » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:51 am

Thanks for posting.
I know about the lightning to jack adapter but that does not solve the problem for me. The iRig HD plugs into the lightning port of the phone, so if I use the lightning to jack adapter I will be able to plug in my headphones but will no longer be able to plug in the iRig itself.
The only option I see is one of the adapter splitters which plug into the lightning port and offer both lightning port and a jack on the other end, but did not want to buy one of those without being sure it will work as if it doesn’t I will have zero use for it.
That is why I posted here hoping that someone might have tried this in the past and share if it works.
kalintri

Postby donaldgroat » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:43 am

Hi, did you ever manage to find a solution to this?
donaldgroat

Postby Adrianleigh » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:53 am

I bought a jack to lightening cable off amazon but when i plug irig1 with my guitar i can still hear sound coming through the phone microphone? any ideas how to stop that please? if i go into phone settings and deny the irig access to the microphone it turns the whole thing off?
Adrianleigh

Postby Slayter0 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:40 am

You will need to use an lightning adapter with I/O.

The standard lightning to 3.5mm adapter is output only, so the phone defaults to the internal mic for input.

Try searching for a Lightning to TRRS adapter.
Slayter0

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories