macOS Big Sur statement

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby vinegarjoe » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:22 pm

I agree. Mine works fine on Big Sur.
vinegarjoe

Postby anthonykucic » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:22 am

Hi,

I have downloaded the new custom shop and it is working fine however now my purchases are not showing in Amplitube 4, when I select an artist preset that I have purchased I am prompted with a message "The current preset uses models which are not installed".

I have ensured that my products are registered and authorized and I have also tried restoring my purchases in the custom shop no no avail.

Currently I am using a Macbook Air 2020 M1 chip with Big Sure 11.1 trying to run Amplitube 4 with all my purchases from the custom shop.

Your assistance is appreciated.
anthonykucic

Postby supanorton » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:56 pm

vinegarjoe wrote:I agree. Mine works fine on Big Sur.

Are you using any other IK products with Big Sur? I'm wondering about ModoDrum, Hammond BX, all the T-Racks and all the SampleTank stuff.
supanorton

Postby anthonykucic » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:02 am

supanorton wrote:
vinegarjoe wrote:I agree. Mine works fine on Big Sur.

Are you using any other IK products with Big Sur? I'm wondering about ModoDrum, Hammond BX, all the T-Racks and all the SampleTank stuff.

Hi,

No I'm not using any of the other products you have mentioned, just Amplitube 4.
anthonykucic

Postby supanorton » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:51 pm

^^^^
Thanks. Happy New Year!
supanorton

Postby Floodmusic » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:39 pm

Can we go with Big Sur yet?
Floodmusic

Postby supanorton » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:32 am

Floodmusic wrote:Can we go with Big Sur yet?

I know! I just got an OWC thunderbolt hub, which gives me charging along with 3 extra TB ports (I only have two on my MacBook Pro), but the hub only works with Big Sur. I've always got to unplug something to switch between my SampleTank libraries and guitar/bass/vocals. I know, first world problems.

I know that AT5 and the new Custom Shop are compatible. Is there a list of everything else that's compatible?

I'm assuming Hammond B3X ready is as it was just updated.

I'll ask support for a list.

Just checked the FAQ and saw this!

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... FVSUNLU1c=
supanorton

Postby supanorton » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:00 pm

I'm wondering about which products are compatible with Big Sur. I've contacted support asking for a list of what they know is working, but they still haven't gotten back to me.

I just picked up a Thunderbolt hub that will allow me to keep my external drive and my interfaces plugged in while still being able to charge my MacBook Pro, but it's only compatible with Big Sur.

Obviously, I'm having a hard time waiting and the FAQ does say "While we have yet to establish full compatibility with macOS Big Sur, our tests show most of our products are working properly [...]"

I'd love to know if "most of our products" includes any of the following:

AmpliTube 4 v. 4.10.o
Amplitube 5 v. 5.0.1
Custom Shop v. 2.0
Hammond B-3X v. 1.3.2
Lurssen Mastering Console v. 1.1.0
Miroslav Philharmonik v. 2.0.6
MODO BASS v. 1.5.2
MODO DRUM v. 1.1.1
SampleTank 4 v. 4.1.3
Syntronik v. 1.2.0
T-Racks 5 v. 5.4.0

Thanks for any information and apologies for being impatient. I'm anxious to start my new workflow, lol.
supanorton

Postby supanorton » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:59 pm

Hello,

I opened a support ticket with some simple questions about Apple's Big Sur on January 5 and have replied to the ticket twice since then, but I haven't received a response. If Peter or anyone else here has any influence, would you please send them my ticket number and ask them to respond? Ticket # 1053238.

Thank you.
supanorton

Postby DesertRatt » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:14 pm

I'm a new customer of AmpliTube and the Total Studio Package and pretty much none of it works right with Big Sur on my iMac w/Logic Pro.
DesertRatt

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:16 pm

AROADRUNNER@protonmail.c wrote:I'm a new customer of AmpliTube and the Total Studio Package and pretty much none of it works right with Big Sur on my iMac w/Logic Pro.

Please report your issue to IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support as there is no official update to the Big Sur statement above at this time. They will know best.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby supanorton » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:34 pm

AROADRUNNER@protonmail.c wrote:I'm a new customer of AmpliTube and the Total Studio Package and pretty much none of it works right with Big Sur on my iMac w/Logic Pro.

Which plugins are you having trouble with and what happens when you try to load them into Logic Pro?
supanorton

Postby DesertRatt » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:09 am

AmpliTube 5 showed all amps LOCKED. That is, each one has a lock symbol on it. Also, there are no presets available. T even in the preset folder.

When AmpliTube is selected over an audio track Massive screeching sound emerges.
No ability to select pedals.
DesertRatt

Postby supanorton » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:40 am

AROADRUNNER@protonmail.c wrote:AmpliTube 5 showed all amps LOCKED. That is, each one has a lock symbol on it. Also, there are no presets available. T even in the preset folder.

When AmpliTube is selected over an audio track Massive screeching sound emerges.
No ability to select pedals.

I updated my MacBook Pro (late 2016) to Big Sur, and all IK plugins (AmpliTube 4&5, T-Racks, SampleTank 4, MODODRUM, and Hammond B-3X all seem to be working with Logic Pro X 10.5.

Definitely check with support.
supanorton

Postby Trans AM » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:27 am

Ha, Just purchased AXE I/O with AmpliTube 5 max . Loaded it on a brand new iMac today . What a disappointment can't get it to run, error. I have to settle with Logic Pro. A lesson learned! Thanks IK. I wish I would have read this thread prior to making my purchase! :roll:
Trans AM

PreviousNext

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories