Wrong Range Limits in SampleTank Multi

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Wrong Range Limits in SampleTank Multi

Postby UdoK » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:48 pm

I use sampletank 2.0.11 with an iPad Pro and use the app in live mode. In doing so, I discovered a problem. I use an 88 key master keyboard and therefore use the same midi channel for all parts. I set the range limits for the various sounds and save everything. If I now call up the multi again, the range limits of one part may not be correct. If I press the same multi again, the range limits are correct again. I don't just have this effect on one, but on several multinationals. Sometimes it only affects one part, sometimes several. what is the problem?

I'm getting stuck somehow. Unfortunately, the app cannot be used live. I am very grateful for tips.

best greetings
UdoK

Re: Wrong Range Limits in SampleTank Multi

Postby UdoK » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:17 pm

has anyone found a solution for the wrong splits? A few days ago I discovered here in the forum that this bug had already been reported two years ago. I hope that users will have found a solution in the meantime.

I also contacted IK Support about this error, they asked me to send a video to show the error, and I've been waiting for a solution for a few weeks now. So the app is nice for home but useless live on stage with this bug.

I am grateful for every tip and every help.

Regards
UdoK

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:28 pm

What is your ticket number? Have you sent in a video and have not received a response? If you have received a response and it has not resolved your issue you can always reply to your ticket (and you can for a status too).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby UdoK » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:22 pm

Latest news:

after I sent some of my multis to support, the effect was reproduced there. Until the team was able to locate and fix the error in the app, I found a way to work with the software despite the error. I send a program change command twice with software for leadsheets with a pause of 250 ms in between. That works.
UdoK

Postby UdoK » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:11 pm

after hearing nothing from support for about a month, I was curious and wanted to know how far ik multimedia got in fixing the error. This time I got an answer very quickly.

"... Unfortunately, I do not have any news on this yet."

So I place all my hopes in the year 2021. I will ask again and again from time to time so that the topic does not fall into oblivion.
UdoK

Postby UdoK » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:24 pm

I think there is hope. After repeatedly asking the service department to what extent a solution to the error had been found, and having been put off again and again, I now received a hopeful answer:

The dev team said they are going to revisit the ST iOS soon anyway and will look into this once they release any new update once its ready. If that is true, then a solution seems to be in sight in the next few months. That would be great.
UdoK

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories