Trouble-shoot the lighting connection

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Trouble-shoot the lighting connection

Postby peterswa » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:58 pm

What is the best way to trouble-shoot the lighting connection to a Stomp I/O? iPads/iPhones no longer make a connection. I get a “ding” when the cable is first connected, but no charging, no control over the Stomp I/O, and not recognized with Midi Wrench. I originally thought it was an application issue with IOS 14, but trying on multiple devices has the same effect.

Not sure if the cable is bad or the Stomp I/O. PC Control works fine, and it is running the latest firmware and Amplitube for IOS.

I have a ticket open [4113591], but want to do as much troubleshooting on my end to expedite getting this fixed.

Any insights on what happens (process-wise, length of time) should there be a hardware issue?

Thanks!
peterswa

Re: Trouble-shoot the lighting connection

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:20 pm

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I'm not sure what would cause that, from a non-techsupport perspective it seems to lean toward a bad cable honestly but they will be able to assess this in your ticket effectively and quickly for you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby peterswa » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:56 pm

Turns out it was a bad cable... IK sent a replacement and am back in business.

Along the way, however, my iPad (actually two different ones) got out of sync with the Stomp IO. I could control things via the iPad, but when I tried to control via the Stomp, nothing happened.

IK suggested this process which got things back in working order. Handy to know, so passing along their instructions:

1) Close all open apps and power off your iPad holding LOCK & HOME buttons until the Apple logo is seen.
2) Once back on, go to the AmpliTube app without your iRig Stomp I/O connected.
3) Now that AmpliTube is open, connect the iRig Stomp I/O
peterswa

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:06 pm

Thanks for coming back to let us know you are back in business! Also thank for posting the useful information for future reference.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories