How do I change input channel in AmpliTube

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

How do I change input channel in AmpliTube

Postby ambdesign » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:36 pm

In older versions of AmpliTube for iOS, if you had a dual channel input interface, it was possible to change the input channel in the settings menu. It seems like this possibility has been removed, or at least moved from the settings menu.

Can anybody tell me how I change the input channel so that I can use my Presonus AudioBox iOne with AmpliTube?

Best regards
Anders
ambdesign

Re: How do I change input channel in AmpliTube

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:19 pm

The settings now should state "Multi input recording". If you enable that I believe you would be able to record through any available input.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ambdesign » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:23 am

Peter_IK wrote:The settings now should state "Multi input recording". If you enable that I believe you would be able to record through any available input.

Unfortunately this does not seem to help.

BR
Anders
ambdesign

Postby ambdesign » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:42 am

ambdesign wrote:In older versions of AmpliTube for iOS, if you had a dual channel input interface, it was possible to change the input channel in the settings menu. It seems like this possibility has been removed, or at least moved from the settings menu.

Can anybody tell me how I change the input channel so that I can use my Presonus AudioBox iOne with AmpliTube?

Best regards
Anders

After some trial and error I have been able to find where to set the input channel. I discovered that it could be set in the "Recording section" of the AmpliTube app. It is important to note that one has to switch from the "Tape reel view" to the "Channel strip view" in order to see which input channel that is activated. How to switch views is not really obvious either. It is something that I stumbled upon. Finally there, I was able to locate the info about the input channel at the top of the "Channel strip".

Now, when I changed it to channel 2, there was sound!!!

In a way it makes sense but it is not the most obvious location to find this parameter setting and it definitely needs some kind of manual or guiding document how to do this.

Best regards
Anders
ambdesign

Postby ambdesign » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:50 am

Peter_IK wrote:The settings now should state "Multi input recording". If you enable that I believe you would be able to record through any available input.

May I suggest an update to the eight bullet point on the FAQ ID 1349 explaining the steps how to get to the "Channel strip view" where one can change the input channel.

Best regards
Anders
ambdesign

Postby Mattski76 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:17 pm

Thank you so much for the above! Had exact same issue and this sorted it! Was about to send back my Presonus iOne!
Mattski76

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories