Recording distortion after Optimizing Tracks

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Recording distortion after Optimizing Tracks

Postby proctoidpaul » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:34 pm

[Mod note - moved to appropriate forum]

I am having trouble recording via Amplitube on my iPad Pro. Initially track sounds fine after recording. As I add more channels or work with the track (splitting, copying/ pasting, etc) the track goes "bad". I think the common point is when Amplitube gives me a message about "Optimizing Tracks".

By bad, I mean the volme gets maxed out and sound is terrible, like I recorded it with everything on max.

I turned volume way down on my [acoustic] feed and even on the mixer. Same results. Good for a few touches, then goes wacko.

I previously attributed the problem to using the "Normalize Track" feature. But now it's happening even if I don't normalize it.

Any ideas, greatly appreciated! Totally unusable for recording any multi-tracks at this point.

Thanks in advance,

Paul
proctoidpaul

Re: Recording distortion after Optimizing Tracks

Postby garfy » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:44 am

Hello proctoidpaul and welcome to the forum.

I've moved your thread to the iPad apps forum in the hope that you'll get some advice there.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw/

They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby proctoidpaul » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:13 pm

Thanks for correcting my post to the correct forum.
proctoidpaul

Postby proctoidpaul » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:18 pm

FYI,

For visibility, here is the response I got from technical support.

[Mod redacted - please adhere to the forum rules of not directly quoting conversations with Official technical Support]

I found this to be helpful, but not fully resolving the issues. I have isolated most of my remaining problems to any attempt to COPY a track or portion of it. That always distorts for me. But I can split tracks, move them around, etc. so far without any problem.

Based on what I'm seeing, I suspect it's just computing capacity of my device. Although it's a an iPad Pro, it's an older model. Probably not up to the processing capacity of the current ones.
proctoidpaul

Postby garfy » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:32 pm

Hi proctoidpaul

Good to hear that Support have gone some way to solving your issues.

However, if you are still experiencing problems, reply to your ticket telling Support what is now happening/what has been solved and they will continue to advise you.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby proctoidpaul » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:34 pm

Yes, I have already done that. I'll update this thread if there are any more learnings.

Paul
proctoidpaul

Postby proctoidpaul » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:02 pm

Yes, I have already done that. I'll update this thread if there are any more learnings.

Paul
proctoidpaul

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories