Focusrite Solo / 2i2, Amplitube 4, and an ipad

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Focusrite Solo / 2i2, Amplitube 4, and an ipad

Postby peterswa » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:13 pm

Just sharing what I was able to do to use a Focusrite Solo (and 2i2) with an Ipad air 2.

First, this cable is needed and worked fine for me: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HK6HNR1/

Second, you need to select the second channel to use the instrument input. Not obvious where, but you do it in the "tape machine" - you need to tap the "channel 1" on the first main channel - that is where you select 2.

Finally, I connected to the headphone jack of the Scarlett (without the direct monitor).

All works perfectly!

Note that the 2i2 works the same way - but obviously if you connect to its channel 1, you don't need to change channels in the mixer unless you want to.

I suspect I could use the Line Outs to a PA, too, if I wanted to gig with this setup. I have the Stomp I/O, but could gig with the Scarlett nonetheless.

I hope this helps others with similar questions!
peterswa

Re: Focusrite Solo / 2i2, Amplitube 4, and an ipad

Postby iassael » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:06 pm

Thank you for the extremelly helpful guide, I would had been able to find the "channel 1" option without it ;)
iassael

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories