New user needing guidance on Pre HD setup...

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

New user needing guidance on Pre HD setup...

Postby jamesb303 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:25 am

Hi guys,

I bought the Pre HD unit based on advice from a friend so that I can record videos of me playing acoustic guitar and singing at the same time. I have a nice MK-319 condenser mic I picked up from that friend.

But I can't figure out if my setup is correct. I downloaded the manual which doesn't get into how the app/s work. It's confusing because you can download a bunch of different apps to the iPhone or the Mac but there isn't a nice guide to what each app is for or how to start with the basics.

Can anyone shed some light?

Note that I was able to finally get sound to register while recording with the iPhone video mode if I had the AmpliTube app active and turned the gain all the way up to 10. If I dropped the gain down even a bit it wouldn't show up in the video. So I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. Figured I'd have some amount of adjustment without blasting it all the way up.

Also, it doesn't sound any better than the regular mic on the iPhone! So I'm wondering what the heck did I spend all this money for. Granted I haven't compared it to singing and playing yet, just talking into the phone or mic at a similar volume.

What am I missing here?
jamesb303

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories