Sync Amplitube Presets between iPad and iPhone

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Sync Amplitube Presets between iPad and iPhone

Postby arjen.vromans » Tue May 19, 2020 1:44 pm

Hey,
I am using the iRig HD2 with Amplitube. I use Amplitube on my iPad and selected a nice list of Presets as favorites.

I aim to use Amplitube on my iPhone as well and would like to sync the Presets/favorites on my iPad with my iPhone (also to have a backup!).

Did extensive search on google, on this forum and even raised a support ticket. I tried to sync Presets using iTunes on W10 ... didn’t find the solution yet.

Anyone found a solution? Thanks a lot in advance :D
arjen.vromans

Re: Sync Amplitube Presets between iPad and iPhone

Postby ekki13 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:45 pm

[mod redacted - that's not what that hashtag means]

have 3 iOS devices and really don't want to write such configurations down to paper and re-enter them on the other devices!!!
ekki13

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:28 pm

This FAQ explains how to backup and restore your presets in AmpliTube for iOS: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1055
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ekki13 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:53 pm

Jesus Christ... but at least it seems to be possible... Please support iCloud sharing someday
ekki13

Postby Peteronguitar » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:39 pm

Hello does this mean a Mac is needed? What if I don’t have one? Only use IK M. with Ipad and Iphone? Thanks for your reaction in advance.
Peteronguitar

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:32 pm

Peteronguitar wrote:Hello does this mean a Mac is needed? What if I don’t have one? Only use IK M. with Ipad and Iphone? Thanks for your reaction in advance.

The FAQ does specify you'll need to use a computer but not specifically a Mac.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby wseverson » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:31 pm

from the FAQ listed above, You will also see a file called "AmpliTube Presets.xml". Click on this file, and click on "Save To.." to save your presets.

I do not see the AmpliTube Presets.xml file , I only see a preset folder which will not open? (on a PC Windows 10 with current updates and current iTunes.
wseverson

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:33 pm

wseverson wrote:from the FAQ listed above, You will also see a file called "AmpliTube Presets.xml". Click on this file, and click on "Save To.." to save your presets.

I do not see the AmpliTube Presets.xml file , I only see a preset folder which will not open? (on a PC Windows 10 with current updates and current iTunes.

If you are not seeing expected files etc from the FAQ, please let IK Support know at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will troubleshoot and assist you directly with the issue.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby wseverson » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:48 pm

Ok I've contacted support, I've been told this is handled in icloud? Anyone know exactly how to achieve this?

To IK Multimedia Support Team
Yes I want to be able to backup my IOS presets, not only for the sake of backing up my work but to also be able to share the same presets on both my ipad and my iPhone.

IK Multimedia Support Team
Hello Wayne,

Thanks for your patience while we got back to you.

That is all done in your Icloud on the iOS device.
wseverson

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:51 pm

wseverson wrote:Ok I've contacted support, I've been told this is handled in icloud? Anyone know exactly how to achieve this?

To IK Multimedia Support Team
Yes I want to be able to backup my IOS presets, not only for the sake of backing up my work but to also be able to share the same presets on both my ipad and my iPhone.

IK Multimedia Support Team
Hello Wayne,

Thanks for your patience while we got back to you.

That is all done in your Icloud on the iOS device.

If the FAQ linked above doesn't help you with that, please respond to your ticket for a how-to and the rep will most certainly explain in more detail.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby wseverson » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:23 am

Solved! I had never scrolled down far enough to see the save button. That's all I was missing.
Thanks for directing me to support, Fabulous!

Open iTunes
Connect device
Tap icon to view device, go to File Sharing
View AmpliTube
Click on Presets folder
Scroll down and SAVE
wseverson

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories