iRig Hd2 + Electric Drums + iPhone + Garageband

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig Hd2 + Electric Drums + iPhone + Garageband

Postby frawls » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:50 pm

Hi,

Considering buying the iRig HD2, before I do I would like to find out:

I would like to potentially have the following set up for creating rough demos remotely with my bandmates:

- Roland TD 6 Electric Drums Mono 1/4 inch jack output

- Connected to iRig HD2 1/4 inch jack input

- iRig HD2 output connected to iPhone 11 lightening port

- iPhone 11 running GarageBand

- My headphones connected to the iRig HD2 headphone output.

What I want to send to the iRig is just my mono drums (no click)

What I want to hear in my headphones is everything from GarageBand, including the garageband click, and my pre recorded bandmates tracks, and my drums that I am recording right now, with no latency.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thank you
frawls

Re: iRig Hd2 + Electric Drums + iPhone + Garageband

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:13 pm

As long as your set is sending a mono line level signal, you should have no problem with this. You'd use iRig HD 2 to record your drums to an audio track in Garageband.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby frawls » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:36 pm

Thanks a lot Peter_IK appreciate it.

Specifically regarding what I want to hear in my headphones - is my assumption correct that this should be ok:

What I want to hear in my headphones is everything from GarageBand, including the garageband click, and my pre recorded bandmates tracks, and my drums that I am recording right now, with no latency.

?

Peter_IK wrote:As long as your set is sending a mono line level signal, you should have no problem with this. You'd use iRig HD 2 to record your drums to an audio track in Garageband.
frawls

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:17 pm

Yes it should be fine since GarageBand appears to support monitoring so you'll be all good.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories