Constant buzzing issue with AmpliTube iOS

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Constant buzzing issue with AmpliTube iOS

Postby Muse87 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi to anyone that can help!!
I’m currently running AmpliTube using a 7th generation IPad 2018 pro with the Irig stomp I/O and having a terrible time trying to get rid of the constant buzzing.
My input guitar is an Epiphone Slash AFD, and my output device is a Roland Micro Cube Gx.
On the pedal itself I’ve tried both left and right channels and even headphone jacks with various leads laying around the house.
My next option is to possibly getting better quality noise cancelling leads.
I have had this pedal for about 2 years and could never get the thing running to how it should sound like all these Youtubers advertised it.
Ive even used the noise pedals on the app itself and tried messing with the sound settings but if anyone has got any suggestions I’d be more than happy to tinker further before I sell the pedal.
Muse87

Re: Constant buzzing issue with AmpliTube iOS

Postby kgmessier » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:55 pm

I wonder if a power conditioner will help. I get a lot of buzz with my guitar running into my laptop using both the iRig HD and the AXE I/O. If I unplug the laptop and run solely on battery power with the iRig HD, the buzzing goes away. However, the AXE I/O needs to stay plugged in to use, so I’m hoping a power conditioner resolves the issue.
kgmessier

Postby Muse87 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:10 pm

Thanks for a quick reply, could you explain what a power conditioner is and how or where can I go about getting one. I'm a bit of a noob to all this and I'm only as technical as watching the next YouTube tutorial.
Muse87

Postby kgmessier » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:15 am

Well, you and I are in the same boat. :)

A power conditioner’s function is to “clean dirty power.” My understanding is that, when working with A/C in an older or poorly-wired home, a power conditioner will help reduce intrinsic noise. It’s hard to know if this component will help or if I’ll need DI box or something else entirely.

Trial and error.

The unit I went with is a Furman PST-8. It won’t be delivered till the end of the month, so it’ll be a little while before I can share results.

Keep your hands washed and fingers crossed.
kgmessier

Postby Muse87 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:40 am

If you check out YouTube, there is this box called the palmer purifier. It's just a dc voltage conditioner white box. I wonder if that would work. It's exactly £26.17 on ebay. It's
Made for pedals. The bigger conditioners are not cheap. Feel robber after buying a £300 pedal just to spend extra.
I'm just a bedroom hobbie guitarist, should of paid more attention to the musical Tech side of it in college lol.
Muse87

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories