EQ Settings

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

EQ Settings

Postby angleraxel » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:16 pm

Hi guys, I’ve purchased both the parametric and graphic eqs to try to solve my problem. It’s hard to explain but it basically boils down to something like this. My top 3 strings e,b and g just seem to dominate my tone. For example if I play an Am chord and let it ring and then try to do some picking on the e,a and d strings over the top of it they just get lost.

The tune with the issue is “Rust never sleeps”. I just can get any volume out of those bass notes. It doesn’t matter which guitar pickups I use, it’s basically the same result. If I increase the volume to hear the picking on the lower 3 strings the open chords on the top three strings just get uncomfortably loud.

If I play it acoustically without any amplification I get a suitable result so I feel that my technique although could be better really isn’t the root cause.

I wish I knew more about the eq capabilities to tailor my sound but it’s just basically throwing darts at a blank wall for me.

Does anyone have any presets they could suggest. I picture of your presets would be lovely.

Thanks in advance
Angleraxel
angleraxel

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories