How do you disable the Hammond B-3X Presets

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

How do you disable the Hammond B-3X Presets

Postby duanem0 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:11 am

When I play the low notes on my piano, the notes below C1 change the presets just like the real Hammond B3 colored low keys.
How can I disable that so my preset will not change?
duanem0

Re: How do you disable the Hammond B-3X Presets

Postby duanem0 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:01 am

Still would like to find a solution to disable the lower key presets.
duanem0

Postby duanem0 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:54 pm

I play left hand bass on my piano and when playing the low bass notes that are the presets stops in the Hammond B-3X App, the drawbars settings change which change the sounds of the organ, is there any way to disable those midi channels for those low note presets so the presets don’t change the sounds when playing the bass notes?

Is this a feature that needs to be added to the Hammond B-3X App?
duanem0

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:40 pm

It is made that way to be authentic to a Hammond B3's functionality.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby d.craig » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:57 pm

This reminds me of the bass notes triggering the arpeggiator function in SampleTank: useful to some, but how can the rest of us disable it globally and/or in individual presets.
If mimicry is the goal, why no inverted black/white keys in the affected lower range?
d.craig

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:27 pm

The interface does show inverted keys just as they would be on a B3.

From the IK website:

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby d.craig » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:29 pm

Thanks Peter. That’s just what it should look like to imitate Hammond’s preset function range on a two-keyboard rig. I play one 88 key controller, so I find my left pinky constantly straying into this array. Aside from transposing my board down an octave and moving to my right to be in front of the new middle C (can’t move pedals and microphone however), It would be a boon to be able to disable just the keys’ preset transmissions while keeping the low notes.
d.craig

Postby anotherscott » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:27 am

If your keyboard supports MIDI zones (putting different sections of the keyboard on different MODO channels), you could use that function to prevent the low kesy from getting to B-#X and changing presets. If not, then you could use another app to route the different keys to different apps and/or different channels. (The apps themselves vary depending on whether you're on Mac, PC, or iOS... though I think Camelot Pro would do it on any of them.)
anotherscott

Postby anotherscott » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:28 pm

anotherscott wrote:different MODO channels

whoops, of course that should say MIDI, not MODO!
anotherscott

Postby duanem0 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:40 pm

The inverted keys look nice on the Hammond B-3X interface but it is very rare that you will find those inverted keys on an 88, 76 or 61 keyboard or controller, unless you're playing a real Hammond B3 with the real Hammond sound or similar clone. I could be wrong though.
I also have a left pinky that will stray down on those keys and will change those presets.
I would second d. craig's post to see if that can be an added feature with Hammond B-3X to disable and not show those inverted keys for the keyboard players that don't use a keyboard or controller with the inverted keys. I think that feature would get a lot of use.
My solution for this issue was, I play left hand bass so I split my keyboard so I don't have the problem hitting those inverted keys unless I play with an actual bass player where I play the full keyboard then it becomes an issue with my left pinky.
Thanks and Merry Christmas!
duanem0

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories