Need help SampleTank iOS with headphones. [RESOLVED]

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Need help SampleTank iOS with headphones. [RESOLVED]

Postby squeakD » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:39 am

I’ve purchased SampleTank for my iPhone, and I have a camera kit with the USB and lightening port connections. I plugged my factory headphones into the lightening adapter, but get no sound. I pressed the headphone icon and still no sound. The port works because I’m able to charge my phone while using my MAudio Venom as a midi controller (Venom has a built in audio interface).

I tried hooking up to a digital piano tonight. It worked fine as a midi controller with SampleTank, I just can’t get sound through headphones. Does SampleTank only output audio via USB?

Thx!
squeakD

Re: Need help SampleTank iOS with headphones.

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:47 pm

SampleTank for iOS will use the iOS system output settings. When no output source is connected, your app will default to using the built-in iOS speakers. Once headphones or an audio output (like an iRig Keys 2 for example) is connected, the iOS built-in speakers and headphone port will be disabled allowing the connected device to be used properly.

In your situation, it sounds like you're in need of a controller for iOS which has a headphone port. Check out the iRig Keys 2 / iRig Keys 2 Pro here:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/irigkeys2/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Need help SampleTank iOS with headphones.

Postby squeakD » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:07 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have an M-Audio Venom VA Synth that also has a built in audio interface, so I can use it in the same way as the iRig Keys. Was wanting to try a weighted keybed with it.

Sqk
squeakD

Re: Need help SampleTank iOS with headphones. [RESOLVED]

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:14 pm

Glad to hear you can use everything properly with this information.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories