Irig Nano Amp "aux" option

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Irig Nano Amp "aux" option

Postby edonosocl » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:58 pm

Hi guys,

Hope I can explain myself here. I want to use the Nano Amp in AMP MODE connecting my guitar and my iPad so both signals comes through the Nano in built speaker, so I can practice the songs with backing tracks all through the build in speaker, but not sure if this is possible and how to do it. The iPad should be connected to the device port or to the headphone port in order to ?...or simply is not possible?.

Thanks in advance.
edonosocl

Re: Irig Nano Amp "aux" option

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:14 pm

By iOS design, the last connected device will be used for input or output. In this case, connecting the iRig Nano Amp will disable the iOS built-in speaker. Unfortunately, Apple does not allow any way around this currently, but we do hope this changes in the future.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby edonosocl » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:49 pm

Thanks Ryan_IK, but not sure Im following you. IS not possible then. Again I just want to have the iPad and Guitar signal sounding through the built in speaker of the iRig Nano Amp.

Thanks again.
edonosocl

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:13 pm

edonosocl wrote:Thanks Ryan_IK, but not sure Im following you. IS not possible then. Again I just want to have the iPad and Guitar signal sounding through the built in speaker of the iRig Nano Amp.

Thanks again.

Sorry for any confusion. It is not possible to use both the iRig Nano Amp speaker and the iOS built in speaker. Once connected and engaged (Switched to "Device" mode as opposed to "Amp" mode) the iRig Nano Amp will take over as your audio output. This will allow the app being used (Say AmpliTube for iOS as an example) to play audio through the iRig Nano Amp.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories