Losing connection with iRig2 Midi and iPad

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Losing connection with iRig2 Midi and iPad

Postby Flyingsnowman » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:08 am

I'm sending midi clock and midi program changes from my Kemper KPA my iPad, using the iRig 2 midi device. After a while, the lights on the iRig 2 go out and the connection is lost - no midi information is being received by the iPad anymore. Reconnecting the cable on the iPad and on the iRig 2 Midi solves the problem. However, during a live setting, this is quite annoying... I cannot stop in the middle of a song (and not even between two songs) to reconnect the cables. This seems like a bug in iRig 2 Midi. Is there any solution (firmware update) for this? I upgraded already to the latest firmware version, and my iPad is generation 9.
Flyingsnowman

Re: Losing connection with iRig2 Midi and iPad

Postby Mazash » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:04 am

I have the exact same problem with my 7th gen 2019 ipad. I'm waiting for an answer from the support, but this problem seems to be very old and I guess some of us will never get a proper solution...
Mazash

Re: Losing connection with iRig2 Midi and iPad

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:52 pm

This is not a global issue, sorry to hear you are both having it. IK Support will most definitely assist you please continue to work with them via your ticket and they will assist you directly and help resolve your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories