iRig 2 & iPhone X/ios 13.1.3 issue?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig 2 & iPhone X/ios 13.1.3 issue?

Postby CHS1978 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:07 pm

Hi,

Looking for some help and advice. A week ago I purchased an iRig2. I have never used used one of these before so wasn’t really sure what to expect but had purchased it after it being recommended to me by my guitar tutor.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get it working in conjunction with my iPhoneX. I spent many hours trying to work out what could be causing the issue I was experiencing. It seemed that when plugged into my phone, headphones and guitar, it was only picking up background sound via the mic on my phone. Nothing was coming from the guitar on either “FX” or “Thru”. If I tried using the amp instead of headphones then it would work fine on the dry Chanel. Equally I am able to hear the demos through my headphones. I tried a number of different cables and the result was the same.

I then took it to my tutor during my weekly lesson with the hope he may be able to help me solve this issue, but after well over an hour we were unable to progress any further! Again we used a number of cable combinations to no further avail. He even tried using his phone which is an older one than mine with the standard headphone socket. The one thing he noticed was that at no tone was there ever a prompt to use the headphones or speaker, on initially connecting the irig to the phone.

We came to the conclusion that the item may actually be faulty, so I arranged a replacement. Unfortunately on receipt of the replacement product, it would appear that the exact same issue is occurring! Only background noise on my phone’s microphone, or nothing.

It’s been a week now and I am finding this most frustrating. No amount of google searching has resolved and possibility over what it is that is preventing me from being able to use this successfully. I have contacted IK Media by email and received a response, but it’s not been much use.

In a last ditch attempt before giving up and purchasing something more reputable and easy to use, I wondered if there’s a chance that anyone else had possibly had the same problem, or may know what it is that is going wrong?

Cheers!
CHS1978

Re: iRig 2 & iPhone X/ios 13.1.3 issue?

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:32 pm

Hello CHS1978,

Sorry to hear of your troubles with the iRig 2.

I have checked into your support ticket and it looks like the team asked for some information which could help them figure out what is going on. Please get back to the when you can. In the meantime, I've listed some helpful information below.

For use with the iPhone X, the Apple 3.5mm Headphone -> Lightning adapter is suggested. We have seen mixed results with third party adapters. Also if you are using a headset, please make sure to connect this prior to connecting your iRig to iOS. Connecting a headset (A microphone built into a pair of headphones) after connecting your iRig to iOS will cause the headset to be used for input and output, instead of your iRig. We normally suggest headphones and not headsets for use with iRig devices to avoid issues.

Use the Menu -> Settings to select NO FEEDBACK On/Off. When set to On, your signal will be optimized for eliminated feedback when using headphones. When set to Off, your signal will not be affected by the NO FEEDBACK feature.

The below steps would help you figure out if your iRig 2 is being detected by iOS properly. If your iRig is not detected properly, clean out the port where your iRig connects and remove any protective casing.

1. Download/Open AmpliTube CS (Free) from the Apple App Store
2. Go to the Menu (Upper right hand corner) in AmpliTube and enter the Settings window
3. Once here disconnect and reconnect your iRig looking at the top of your screen
4. Check to see if your input changes from "Input: Built-in Mic" this should change automatically. If this does not change your iRig is not being "seen" by iOS

Note:
Check out the iRig HD 2 for an iRig which connects to your iOS device without any adapters. This offers a direct Lightning connection.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/irighd2/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Jakksabbath » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:55 am

Im having the same problems, I’ve opened a ticket but the advise wasn’t helpful so far, any other advice? Feel like I’ve tried everything possible now.
Jakksabbath

Postby Ryan_IK » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:20 pm

Jakksabbath wrote:Im having the same problems, I’ve opened a ticket but the advise wasn’t helpful so far, any other advice? Feel like I’ve tried everything possible now.

Please work with support. I see you've just opened your ticket and there is only been one reply. I've made sure to inform them of your post here. Please stay tuned and feel free to shoot me a PM with any direct questions on your ticket.

If you've checked out the above information and you're still having troubles, please see the links below. This information may help you figure out what's happening while support gets back to you.

My device isn't turning on or working properly. What could be wrong?
How do I get the best audio quality from my iRig? (iOS)
How can I clear up some noise when using iRig 2?
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby jordaniru » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:13 am

Hey! im having the same problem here!

3. Once here disconnect and reconnect your iRig looking at the top of your screen
4. Check to see if your input changes from "Input: Built-in Mic" this should change automatically. If this does not change your iRig is not being "seen" by iOS

I did this and just keep saying built in mic.

What could be wrong? Maybe my Lighting to Jack adapter?
jordaniru

Postby amplitube143 » Fri May 22, 2020 4:20 pm

Sounds similar to my problem. When I connect everything up to my iPhone 11 Pro Max I can see my raw guitar signal is getting through to AmpliTube, but I cannot hear it through my headphones. Checked cables, phones etc. but no effects seem to be applied to my guitar signal.

If I monitor the signal from my M-audio box taking the signal into my laptop, I can hear the raw signal. But, how do I make the app take the signal and apply selected amp and effects?

The original iRig worked flawlessly for many years on previous iPhone models (4 & 6) and the same M-audio box.

It actually works correctly using GarageBand for amps and effects; do I just abandon AmpliTube?

Frustrated!
amplitube143

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 22, 2020 4:58 pm

amplitube143 wrote:Sounds similar to my problem. When I connect everything up to my iPhone 11 Pro Max I can see my raw guitar signal is getting through to AmpliTube, but I cannot hear it through my headphones. Checked cables, phones etc. but no effects seem to be applied to my guitar signal.

If I monitor the signal from my M-audio box taking the signal into my laptop, I can hear the raw signal. But, how do I make the app take the signal and apply selected amp and effects?

The original iRig worked flawlessly for many years on previous iPhone models (4 & 6) and the same M-audio box.

It actually works correctly using GarageBand for amps and effects; do I just abandon AmpliTube?

Frustrated!

I am sure IK Support could assist you directly and resolve your issue via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Riette » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:38 am

i am also having issues with my irig 2 not working with my iphone 11
it used to work fine with iphone 6
is it a compatability issues maybe
will the irig hd2 work with iphone 11 ?
Riette

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:51 pm

Riette wrote:i am also having issues with my irig 2 not working with my iphone 11
it used to work fine with iphone 6
is it a compatability issues maybe
will the irig hd2 work with iphone 11 ?

They should both work, iRig 2 would need the Apple Lightning --> 1/8" adapter, of course.

Please see my reply above with the link to procure official and direct IK tech support for your issue. Thank you.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Sheldonian » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:43 am

Hi Everyone,

I too had the exact same issue where iRig 2 was not being picked up in my iPhone 11, just showing and picking up the inbuilt microphone shown in Amplitube settings.

Now for the solution:

You're all using fake Apple lightning to 3.5mm cables. I bought 2 cables from ebay that said were genuine Apple cables because they were cheaper than buying from Apple. Both didn't work. I was just about to sell my iRig 2 when I gave it another chance and bought a new cable directly from Apple and now it's working.

Problem solved.
Sheldonian

Postby sumjay » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:46 am

My iRig 2 worked okay for a month, then with no logic stop transmitting audio.

I use the device to livestream dj sets. The iRig is securely and correctly connected to my mixer, and going into my iPhone 11 Pro Max, from which I livestream to Instagram, Twitch and the iRig Recorder app. The iRig will now only show the blue light, indicating no signal (versus the usual green).

My software is update. All audio settings are correct.

If I plug my headphones into the iRig 2 itself to monitor the audio input from the mixer, I can hear the audio.

However no signal is being transmitted via the iRig to the iPhone.

Currently the iRig 2 is just a little brick. Please help me troubleshoot as IK’s customer support has been nonexistent.

Thanks!
sumjay

Postby Neon_Knight » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:25 am

Hi all.

Right now facing the same issue with iRig 2 & iPhone 11 / iOS 14. Tried multiple adapters and the app did not work.
In Amplitube settings, I do not see the "Input: Built-in microphone" label. Instead, it shows the "Input: Headset jack" label. And when I am trying to connect my guitar to the device, I do not see changes in "In Level". But "Out Level" for some reason is jumping.

I tried to buy adapters in reseller stores and they are supposed to be original. Unfortunately, my country does not have official Apple stores.
Neon_Knight

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:49 pm

IK Support is not "nonexistent" and will help or continue to help. Please review the forum rules, keep things civil, and seek support from the team who will absolutely help you.

Unfortunately only official Apple adapters will be 100% supported to work but I'm sure the IK Support team can give more precise advice and guidance.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories