Add-ons on AmpliTube4 vs AmpliTube CS

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Add-ons on AmpliTube4 vs AmpliTube CS

Postby tchekouze » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:52 am

Hi,

I was wondering if I was to purchase a kit (say "Hendrix Collection" for example) if that would allow me to use that kit both on AmpliTube4 on my Mac and on my iPhone on AmpliTube CS?

Also, looking at that, I can see on the iPhone app that Hendrix Collection is at $22.99, Brian May Connection at $30.99, Fender Collection 1 at $22.99, etc.

But then on AmpliTube 4, for the same collections (except if I have missed something), the prices proposed to me for these three are all at €99.99.

Does anyone know why prices are more than 4 times more expensive on AmpliTube4 than AmpliTube CS? When I see videos like this, IK seems to tell us that the sound quality between the desktop and mobile versions is almost if not identical: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg5eP-Vo7HM

Also, does anyone know why on the mobile app I am proposed to pay in $, and on the desktop version in €?

Thank you.
tchekouze

Re: Add-ons on AmpliTube4 vs AmpliTube CS

Postby garfy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:59 am

Hello tchekouze and welcome to the forums.

tchekouze wrote:I was wondering if I was to purchase a kit (say "Hendrix Collection" for example) if that would allow me to use that kit both on AmpliTube4 on my Mac and on my iPhone on AmpliTube CS?

No. The apps available for Mac/PC and iOS/Android are separate and cannot be transferred between the desktop and mobile platforms.

tchekouze wrote:Also, does anyone know why on the mobile app I am proposed to pay in $, and on the desktop version in €?

This is probably down to the different stores you are accessing and based on location. Check you location services on your different devices to make sure they are correct.

As for IKM's pricing structures across different platforms, I cannot comment on that.

Hope that clarifies things.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby tchekouze » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:38 am

Hi,

Thanks for your response garfy. I live in Australia so I'm a bit surprised to see sometimes USD sometimes EUR prices. Anyway.
Anyone can comment on AmpliTube4 vs AmpliTube CS? Why is there such a price difference between the modules on both platforms, are the sound and / or features poorer on the CS version?
tchekouze

Postby garfy » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:29 am

tchekouze wrote:I live in Australia so I'm a bit surprised to see sometimes USD sometimes EUR prices.

That is a bit weird, I would've thought it would stay static at (probably) US$. Maybe put in a question to the sales team here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ontact-us/

tchekouze wrote:Anyone can comment on AmpliTube4 vs AmpliTube CS?

Just to clarify, AmpliTube CS refers to the custom shop (free) version on all platforms. For your question AmpliTube iOS would be the specific app you're talking about. I'll create a link in the iOS app forum so they can see this thread and you may get some answers from there.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:21 pm

Also note that for iOS apps, they are sold by Apple on their App Store and they control the price exchange and should show the appropriate currency for your region (including for the in-app purchases). IK has no control over that. Sounds like the wrong country's App Store may be opening there.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tchekouze » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:27 am

Thanks Peter. The last question remaining for me is:AmpliTube4 vs AmpliTube iOS? Why are add-ons such as "Jimi Hendrix pack" etc. more than 4 times more expensive on AmpliTube4 than the iOS version? Is it because the iOS version has less functionality / is less accurate and powerful than AmpliTube4? I just wonder because if that is pretty much the same thing then I believe I'll start investing on iOS, even though I find it more "comfortable" tuning sounds on a laptop.

Thanks
tchekouze

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:45 pm

Mac/PC is still a more powerful and flexible platform so the Mac/PC versions of our software will be more robust and cost more there.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories