iPadOS 13.1 and iRig Pro Duo

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iPadOS 13.1 and iRig Pro Duo

Postby supanorton » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:35 am

I’ve read on the AudioBus forum that some mfi interfaces aren’t working with the iPadOS.

Has anyone updated and tried the iRig Pro Duo?
supanorton

Re: iPadOS 13.1 and iRig Pro Duo

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:20 pm

The iPadOS is not yet released, this is expected to release on Septemeber 30th. As many changes are made throughout the beta process, it is best to wait for the Gold Master (GM) build to make any assumptions on support.

What I can say is that the iRig Pro Duo is expected to work on iPadOS. The latest iOS release, iOS 13, has not presented any issues with our products, so it is looking positive so far.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby supanorton » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:27 pm

Thanks, Ryan. I got a notification in my settings yesterday saying it was ready to download and install on my iPad Air 2. People are talking about their experiences with it on the AudioBus forum, but no one over there has tested an iRig Pro Duo. I’d appreciate a test as soon as someone is able.
supanorton

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:37 pm

supanorton wrote:Thanks, Ryan. I got a notification in my settings yesterday saying it was ready to download and install on my iPad Air 2. People are talking about their experiences with it on the AudioBus forum, but no one over there has tested an iRig Pro Duo. I’d appreciate a test as soon as someone is able.

I just checked in with the team and they have tested on both iOS 13 and iPadOS and so far everything is working great with iRig Pro Duo.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby supanorton » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:09 am

Ryan_IK wrote:I just checked in with the team and they have tested on both iOS 13 and iPadOS and so far everything is working great with iRig Pro Duo.

Thanks, Ryan! Great news.
supanorton

Postby JimStewart5 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:01 pm

Its not all smooth sailing at least with the USBC ipads. The iRig Pro Duo works fine but some apps no longer properly recognise it as a USB interface and think its a headset. This causes issues with Audiotools for example, which thinks its a 1 in 2 out device.

All works fine on lightning and ios <12.1.4 (possibly later), I am not sure if its an iPadOS issue or a USBC issue. My devices are lightning and ios 10/12 or USBC and ipadOS so I have limited points of comparison
Works fine in Aura.
JimStewart5

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:12 pm

You can also work with IK Support for any issues to see what might be done on our side or if something needs to be provided to the developers of other apps having issues with class-compliant USB-C compatible interfaces. Especially since we're the market leader in mobile audio interfaces, we might be able to help them at least get test units or verify certain things which would satisfy the largest portion of mobile audio interface users.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby FVINCENZINI » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:34 pm

I am running iPad OS13.7 and sad to say my IRig pro duo is not working!
It passes the audio of the guitar connected to it, however the app has no functionality. As if the audio of the guitar is not there even though I hear the clean tone of the ax.
None of the effects work.
Is this going to be the end of this product or there is an update and fix available?
Fernando
FVINCENZINI

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:48 pm

FVINCENZINI wrote:I am running iPad OS13.7 and sad to say my IRig pro duo is not working!
It passes the audio of the guitar connected to it, however the app has no functionality. As if the audio of the guitar is not there even though I hear the clean tone of the ax.
None of the effects work.
Is this going to be the end of this product or there is an update and fix available?
Fernando

Please make sure to disable "Direct Monitoring" on the side of your unit when using an app which allows software monitoring. Please make sure to try the AmpliTube CS (Free), VocaLive CS (Free), or SampleTank CS (Free) for iOS. Each of these apps will work great with the iRig Pro Duo.

Read more on getting started at the link below. Remember to check the bottom of this article for a second article which will help if you still have any questions.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1263
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories