Sell Me a Mobile Interface.

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Sell Me a Mobile Interface.

Postby urbanhym » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:29 am

I have an iRig, but I am noticing some latency on iPhone, so I would like to get an HD version, which I understand offloads some of the processing. Or perhaps it just has better pre-amps? I also would like it to work with my Android device, a Galaxy Note 4. Irig UA ONLY works with Android and doesn’t take advantage of Samsung Professional Audio, and the HD-A(discontinued?) only works with the Note 4, but not my iPhone. Will Pro Duo work on both? Will it process effects for performance or is it primarily for recording? Some included software would be nice too. Thanks in advance.
urbanhym

Re: Sell Me a Mobile Interface.

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:42 pm

urbanhym wrote:I have an iRig, but I am noticing some latency on iPhone, so I would like to get an HD version, which I understand offloads some of the processing.

The iRig 2 and iRig HD 2 should both be able to offer near inaudible latency times. If you need help getting your latency time a little bit lower, contact support using the link below. They will be more than happy to help.

Open a Technical Support Ticket here.

Important: Send me a PM/Message with your Ticket # once opened.

In the meantime, you may want to try these suggestions below.

• Close all open apps
  • Turn off your iOS device by holding the LOCK and HOME buttons until the Apple logo is seen
  • Wait 10 - 20 seconds
  • Turn your iOS device back on
  • Turn OFF WiFi and Bluetooth
  • Turn ON Airplane mode
  • Open AmpliTube
  • Go to the Menu -> Setting
  • Turn NO FEEDBACK ON (For headphone use)
  • Turn Latency to ULTRA LOW
  • Turn Auto Sleep OFF
  • Turn Oversampling OFF
  • Lastly, adjust your Input Level down just slightly and your output volume up slightly
  • Check to see if this helps

urbanhym wrote:Or perhaps it just has better pre-amps?

The iRig HD 2 will allow for a better signal quality to be send to Mac/PC or iOS. This is possible using the digital connection.

urbanhym wrote:I also would like it to work with my Android device, a Galaxy Note 4. Irig UA ONLY works with Android and doesn’t take advantage of Samsung Professional Audio, and the HD-A(discontinued?) only works with the Note 4, but not my iPhone.

Samsung Professional Audio has been discontinued by Samsung. This means you will no longer be able to take advantage of this service moving forward. Apps using this service can not be updated.

Unfortunately, this is out of IK Multimedia control.

The iRig UA is the best route for Android use. This product includes a built-in DSP chip, this acts as the 'brain' of it's dedicated "AmpliTube UA". This allows for a low latency experience on all Android devices which are compatible.

urbanhym wrote:Will Pro Duo work on both? Will it process effects for performance or is it primarily for recording? Some included software would be nice too. Thanks in advance.

The iRig Pro Duo will be both iOS and Android compatible. Unfortunately, this device does not offer an AmpliTube app for Android use. The best way to use this device on Android would be with a third party app, like ToneBridge, n-Track DAW, Audio Evolution DAW.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Sell Me a Mobile Interface.

Postby urbanhym » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:45 pm

Thanks for the reply. I know Samsung Professional Audio has been discontinued, but it still runs on my phone, and so the Pro Duo I got should work with the Amplitube LE and its extra stomps that was a selling point for the Galaxy Note 4. I will also try the suggestions in the iRig. Thanks again.
urbanhym

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories