Noise gate

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Noise gate

Postby dagand99 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:15 pm

Hi, on Amplitube 4 on MAC there is a noise gate button. Is it available on iPad version? If yes, where is it?
Thanks,
dagand99

Re: Noise gate

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:09 am

In AmpliTube for iOS you would use the Noise Filter stomp. There is also a great noise gate in the AmpliTube Slash package as well as a really good one in the Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dagand99 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:48 pm

Thank you,I found it but it's not efficient as the one on MAC. There's always a background sound. On MAC I tried the Slash gate with no success. Noise are really a big problem for me. I'm using a Fender Mustang 1 (v2) (started in clean mode) connected through iRig HD2. The first time I set the included noise gate, it helped but there was another background sound. After multiple test I discovered that the USB cable connected from the amplifier to the computer cause the noise and also my external monitor connected to my Macbook cause noise. In the last case I connected the monitor to another electrical outlet to solve the problem. But when I played I can hear some hiss in the background. I don't have this problem If I use external speakers or if I'm directly connected to the guitar amplifier. I have a very basic guitar (Peavey Raptor EXP), do you think a better guitar with hummbucker can help?

Thank you!
dagand99

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:35 pm

Sometimes a humbucking pickup setup can help, but there are also potential culprits like shielding in the guitar cavity, cables, etc. If you can't identify the issue, especially because the Slash gate should almost definitely get you to a point where noise like that isn't happening, I'd suggest reaching out for official support from the IK Support team at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dagand99 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:11 am

Thank you for your help, I tried again Slash gate on my MAC, I thing it help. I will continue testing on MAC and iPad.

Thank you,
André
dagand99

Postby dagand99 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:51 pm

Sorry, a last question, what is the best position for noise gate or noise filter stomp? Before amp, between amp and cabinet or after cabinet.

Thank you!
dagand99

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:18 pm

dagand99 wrote:Sorry, a last question, what is the best position for noise gate or noise filter stomp? Before amp, between amp and cabinet or after cabinet.

Thank you!

If using a noise gate stomp, first slot of the stomp section.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories